Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2002, 11:36 AM   #11
Moni

Gee thanks Mark!
Now I get to be tortured by that song playing in my head now!

Michael Bolten's "How Am I Supposed To Live Without You" was one of those songs you hear that you feel was written with you in mind (for me). No one has ever been able to put into words the feelings I had for the love of my life until then and my heart would break and I'd cry if I ever dared listen to it the whole way through. I had a friend of mine not understand just how much I loved this guy one day on our way home from work when she was asking me to relate it to her. That song came on the radio when I started to explain so I asked her to listen to what it had to say. She cried for me LOL.
He may not possess the talent to do covers but that one song has gained him some respect from me, not to mention that I like his look. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Right after my friend listened to that song, another one came on that I am sure should be added to the hall of shame because I remember turning it off, calling the guy a whiney arse mutha and my friend cracking up in agreement. I just can't remember what the song was or who sang it. I can only remember these words from it: "(oh) or (and) Iiiiiiiiiiii (want to?) fall in love." It was soft and sickening.
Great, now Barry has been repleced with that little bit looping LOL
Help me!

How about S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night! S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night! (Bay City Rollers)
That really wasn't so bad until it became popular at the local Roller Rink.
Saturday night skates became hell after that LOL

Old 09-11-2002, 12:47 PM   #12
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Did Micheal "Mulletboy" Bolton ever do an original song?
I absolutely hate covers! How bout Britiany Spears' cover of the Rolling Stones song SATISFACTION. That was really bad!
Old 09-11-2002, 01:47 PM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
Here's one that's even worse - howbout somebody who covers THEIR OWN BLEEDIN' SONG???
Hey come on JJ. That's fair enough. The original doesn't always capture what the artist mentally heard - as in Stings case with "Don't Stand so Close to me". Many artists do more than one version of a song before they release the record.

Without the constraints of a fixed recording, a song is alive, changing slightly whenever it's played. The unnatural phenomena of the recording now creates the illusion of "wrong" when it is played "different." 'Different' is not wrong, though our brain defaults it to "wrong" because it dissapoints an expectation - no matter how much better the different version may be.

As far as a musical hall of shame goes?

A littleknown Australian band called Whitenoise had possibly the worst music I've heard.

Their brand of 80s metal had the melodies following the chord progressions EXACTLY. The bassist was singing, so whatever notes he played on the bass (which were always the root notes of the chord), he'd sing.

No harmony. It was so IRRITATING to listen to! No harmony!

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 09-11-2002, 01:56 PM   #14
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Ha i can top that all two words boy bands, you know the type i'm talking like hanson and all that stuff i won't even degrad music by calling it such.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:04 PM   #15
Jorath Calar
Harper

Do we dare to mention
Yanni?!?
or 2Unlimited
or Bee Gees

[img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2002, 02:07 PM   #16
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
Micheal "Mulletboy" Bolton
LOL!
You could shave him bald and he'd still be handsome

Old 09-11-2002, 02:42 PM   #17
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Anything by Westlife. Really.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:13 PM   #18
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Do we dare to mention
Yanni?!?
or 2Unlimited
or Bee Gees

[img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] Did you have to mention 2Unlimited??? Now I remember again... [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2002, 07:13 PM   #19
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lox:
Michael Bolton is playing in my town in a week or two. And I live about 10 blocks from the Community Arts Center. I'm worried I'll be able to hear some of it. (I'm not sure Bolton is human, so I used the gender neutral pronoun)
LMAO best of luck not hearing it you might want to try earplugs
Old 09-11-2002, 07:16 PM   #20
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
Did Micheal "Mulletboy" Bolton ever do an original song?
I absolutely hate covers! How bout Britiany Spears' cover of the Rolling Stones song SATISFACTION. That was really bad!
definitely a terrible degradation of what we would call music.