Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2001, 09:26 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

A friend of my wife, who she goes to school with, developed a recent allergy to cats. Her doc. told her she had to get rid of him. He is about 1 yr. old, with all his shots. He is the fattest cat I have ever seen! She brought him over tonight to his new home. Karen has never owned a cat, and I have had cats since I was three yrs. old. But I lived out in the country, where they could run wild, and never even worried about shots. This is a spoiled, in-door cat.

Wish us luck!!

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 09-18-2001).]
Old 09-18-2001, 09:30 PM   #2
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

OH NOOO!
I have THREE. Two spoiled brats inside and one spoiled brat outside. The one outside doesn't want in, but I spoil him as much as I can. It should be a real treat once he gets used to you. Just don't let him get too fat because that's bad for an indoor cat. If he isn't fixed, I'd suggest having him fixed. If he is, that's probably why he's so fat. Get him some catnip toys (or dried catnip in an old, but clean, sock) and maybe he'll play some and lose some weight.

BTW - what breed of cat is he?

EDIT: P.S. - Congratulations on your 'new addition'! Cats rule!
------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair. Occasional subjugate to Gwhanos the Fluffy *

"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 09-18-2001).]
Old 09-18-2001, 10:01 PM   #3
Lioness
Jack Burton

Yay!!! I luv kitties!!!

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and resident storyteller at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Bestest Mate of the Cyan Knight
Lady of the Fallen Paladin
Old 09-18-2001, 10:06 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Good luck Larry! You know, I got a kitten this year and we were worried because me and my mum and brother all have allergies, esp. to supposedly cat hair. But none of us have had any trouble with Tuppence despite her being a russian blue and having a double thick coat, because we keep her inside. I think most cat allergies come from the stuff that cats get in their fur like pollen and grass seeds and not actually the cat hair or skin itself.

------------------

Goddess and Sorceress of the HADB, and her sidekick Pink
Old 09-18-2001, 10:09 PM   #5
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

yes, cats are such a treat if you can get them to like you! however, their arrogance often stops that, and well... but cats are quite fun when you get used to their laziness and pride!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-18-2001, 10:15 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Good luck Larry! You know, I got a kitten this year and we were worried because me and my mum and brother all have allergies, esp. to supposedly cat hair. But none of us have had any trouble with Tuppence despite her being a russian blue and having a double thick coat, because we keep her inside. I think most cat allergies come from the stuff that cats get in their fur like pollen and grass seeds and not actually the cat hair or skin itself.

A friend of mine is allergic to the saliva from a cat's mouth...and since they wash themselves...the slaiva is on their hair...

------------------

---------------------
Old 09-18-2001, 10:16 PM   #7
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
COol Larry!

I peronally like Dogs over cats. But I am starting to geting turned on to Hawks. I saw a picture of one on TV flying through the air and somthing about it was just really cool.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
Old 09-18-2001, 10:16 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Awww, you know said fat cat is cuuute! I have a FatCat of my own! Yes, being large is not healthy, and I am trying to put mine on a diet, but she is still one cute Fat Fuzzball until she loses those pounds LOL. And I bet Marybeth loves FatCat! I can see her giggling and pulling on FatCat's tail LOL!

Hope everything works out, and yall love yer FatCat as much as all of us cat-owners love our cats

------------------
Old 09-18-2001, 10:17 PM   #9
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Sure Larry, some allergies are from the cats themselves. I was just pointing out my experience.

------------------

Goddess and Sorceress of the HADB, and her sidekick Pink
Old 09-18-2001, 10:19 PM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
OH NOOO!
I have THREE. Two spoiled brats inside and one spoiled brat outside. The one outside doesn't want in, but I spoil him as much as I can. It should be a real treat once he gets used to you. Just don't let him get too fat because that's bad for an indoor cat. If he isn't fixed, I'd suggest having him fixed. If he is, that's probably why he's so fat. Get him some catnip toys (or dried catnip in an old, but clean, sock) and maybe he'll play some and lose some weight.

BTW - what breed of cat is he?

EDIT: P.S. - Congratulations on your 'new addition'! Cats rule!
I would rather not have him fixed.
He cannot go outside, except on the shut-in back poarch.
We are going to install a cat-door to it, but I also don't wanna deal with fleas.
This cat is as old as my child, and it will be fun watching them grow old together.
Concerning the breed,,,,I do not know.
He is white, rahter medium length hair, and has black and grey lines here and there.
I believe he is a mixed breed of part persion, part tabby?
I had one like that before,and this one is close to the same...

------------------

---------------------