Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2001, 07:18 PM   #1
puzzled

Can somebody please help? One of my characters has been energy drained. I`m at the end of chapter four so I can`t go to a temple as I`m still in the asylum.
I could go back to an earlier saving but it would be a real pain!
I`ve tried all the health potions and none of them seem to work.
Cheers,
David

Old 01-28-2001, 07:32 PM   #2
turbovee
Elminster

Unfortunatly unless you have a restoration scroll handy or someone in your group has a restoration spell available (cleric,paladin)to memorize, healing spells will not work and as it being your in the asylum you are going to have to wait until you leave the asylum and go to the temple in Brynlaw to be restored
Old 01-28-2001, 10:06 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yes, only Restoration spells work. But if only one person in your party is level/ability/energy drained, you should still be able to make it out of the Asylum. Just restore them when you get out (Temple) and find a place to buy this priest spell with your cleric so he can use it, as you will need it quite a lot in this game. Good luck!
Old 01-28-2001, 10:12 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Will killing then resurrecting the character work (similar to level drain)? Give it a try, it might work.
Old 01-28-2001, 11:10 PM   #5
Magness
Quintesson

This is the reason to have a bunch of Restoration scrolls stored away in a scroll box. You never know when you might need one.

Minor SPOILER .....

If you're still in the assylum, you should be able to go back to a temple in Brynnlaw and get healed. They may even have some resoration scrolls to save for a rainy day.
Old 01-29-2001, 05:28 AM   #6
puzzled

Thanks everyone.
I did have a restoration scroll in my scroll case, (hadn`t looked in there for ages!)
I got zapped before with level drain.
I think a restoration scroll is a vital thing to have.
Even if you knock hell out of those vampires, they can still damage you.
Cheers,
David