Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2001, 08:44 PM   #31
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I hope you are serious about wanting criticism,, AzureWolf?!
I printed out your story and have read it carefully, several times.

Praise first: (always give the sweet before the medicine..!): You have a feel for language. That's good. Nice descriptions. You are getting a sense of 'atmosphere' as well. The characters in chapter one start well. You could become a good writer.
Chapter one is also by far the best part of the story, less self-conscious, less wordy, more atmospheric, and also much easier to relate to. I wanted to KNOW about Nerian and his dad!

Medicine: 1)You seriously need to improve your grammer!
2)You should forget 'Revelations' & 'Prologue'. I know you enjoyed writing those bits, ( ) but that material would be better used in a different way. It is too contrived and derivative as it is.

Ahem... I hope we are still friends?

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 05-10-2001, 11:19 PM   #32
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
I hope you are serious about wanting criticism,, AzureWolf?!
I printed out your story and have read it carefully, several times.

Praise first: (always give the sweet before the medicine..!): You have a feel for language. That's good. Nice descriptions. You are getting a sense of 'atmosphere' as well. The characters in chapter one start well. You could become a good writer.
Chapter one is also by far the best part of the story, less self-conscious, less wordy, more atmospheric, and also much easier to relate to. I wanted to KNOW about Nerian and his dad!

Medicine: 1)You seriously need to improve your grammer!
2)You should forget 'Revelations' & 'Prologue'. I know you enjoyed writing those bits, ( ) but that material would be better used in a different way. It is too contrived and derivative as it is.

Ahem... I hope we are still friends?

hehe yeah thats exactly what i wanted to know. thanx for being honest but i think i will have to leave the prolouge in becos it fits well into the storyline even tho you cant tell that yet. but i think i will leave out revalations. so thanx again.

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-11-2001, 09:11 AM   #33
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
hehe yeah thats exactly what i wanted to know. thanx for being honest but i think i will have to leave the prolouge in becos it fits well into the storyline even tho you cant tell that yet. but i think i will leave out revalations. so thanx again.

Yeah, I CAN tell that AzureWolf! It is just that it needs (IMHO!) some serious re-working. If you have no objections, I could e-mail you if (your e-mail is available) and SHOW you what I mean. You can always ignore advice, lol!

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 05-11-2001).]
Old 05-11-2001, 01:38 PM   #34
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Yeah, I CAN tell that AzureWolf! It is just that it needs (IMHO!) some serious re-working. If you have no objections, I could e-mail you if (your e-mail is available) and SHOW you what I mean. You can always ignore advice, lol!

feel free i have changed it so my email is available. i have also sent u my address in an email let me know if u didnt get it. gimme lotsa critism

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-14-2001, 09:30 AM   #35
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

bump for Reeka

------------------