Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2001, 12:25 PM   #11
Lillie
Dungeon Master

I'm in agreement with Stealthy - I found Jon much more difficult at the Tree of Life than in Hell.
Old 03-07-2001, 08:17 PM   #12
Epona
Zartan

On the question of the Nishruu - you have to be careful with them, as they can destroy magic items.

If they are set against you, they can destroy magic items on your characters (for example I lost a recently acquired Robe of Good Archmagi this way) or if you set one against an enemy it can destroy items you may want to pick up when they're dead.

So be careful before you use the Nishruu spell!!!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-07-2001, 11:13 PM   #13
Raistlin
Manshoon

I thought he was tough at the tree and wussy easy in hell. I do agree that overall the end battle(s) were too easy though.

------------------

Balance
Old 03-08-2001, 12:35 AM   #14
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Regarding Nishruu, I think the none-charged items (e.g. Robe of Good Archmagi) destroying tendency is eliminated by the patch as it is really a glitch. Nishruu is suppose to drain spells and destroy items with no charges left in them like wands I think (hmmmm.....my short term memory is failing me....again....).

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 05:55 AM   #15
Griever
Manshoon

yeah! jon should have home advantage over you! or no, both of you! and to think he was stronger before than now makes me sick... what if jon could cast spells while in slayer form... were all dead.

------------------

Tifa has her Cloud, Squall his Rinoa, Sephiroth?? hehe
Old 03-08-2001, 07:16 AM   #16
Lord Shield

He does. When my Berserker was tackling his Slayer form (on his own), he was casting his stupid little spells. I had Pro vs Petrification and Death Ward, so I didn't give a monkeys and hacked him to gobbets

Old 03-08-2001, 01:24 PM   #17
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Spoilers about battles, monsters and their locations !
I also found the battle up in the tree of life harder than the one down in hell, but then again, for me, there were actually three battles: up in the tree (hard), against the fiends (very hard, but partly because of serious tactical errors on my part)- Jon just did not bother to participate and finally later against Jon all by himself - very easy and anticlimatic. But with Keldorn in your party mages are mostly at your mercy anyway. And even very hard is relative category here as I made it through all 3 parts without casualties and reloads.

So very and extremely hard should really be reserved for:

1) the beholder dungeon in the Underdark without cloak and shield of cheating (Oh my god - at some times I wanted to turn myself in to spellhold for an extended treatment).

2) The Sewer gang

3) the Beholder/Gauth part of the Unseeing Eye Quest

4) the Mindflayer dungeon in the Underdark

5)All of the three lesser liches (gate district, guardians of the Kaangax parts) in Athkatla without Keldorn: they had same magic protection on them which I was unable to identify and to disspel in many tries. Since I wanted not only to survive the battles, but to "figure" them out, I invested more energy in trying to top them with spells instead of just finding any way to kill them which resulted in many reloads and lots of frustration.

6) the Mindflayer dungeon in the sewers

7) The Underdark Balor

Surprisingly fast and easy were the Rune Gang battle, but I tackled them at relatively high level, had been warned, got lucky and helped a great deal by a bad scripting of the opponent's battle tactic, so that I could actually take them out almost one by one.

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 03-08-2001).]
Old 03-09-2001, 10:11 PM   #18
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

bump !

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-09-2001, 11:05 PM   #19
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

I found them both fairly easy.
In the tree of life i was wearing the cloak of spell turnning and just stood there, he pretty much killed himself.
In hell my continces spells had him down to 'near death' before the battle had even started.
real anticlimax, hopeful they a tougher bad guy written in to the expation.
Old 03-09-2001, 11:35 PM   #20
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

little spoilers
-
-
-
-
-
-

On the tree One of the best abilities a thief can have is detect illusion when I fought Jon my second time Jan had something like 90 detect illusions so I saw through Jon's powers and a carefuly placed time stop unleaded a wave of fury on him. Then My fighters rushed in.

In Hell I make a trategic retreat and kill the demons then is a mad rush againts jon when I know his immunity againts Magic weapond is gone.