Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-21-2001, 01:05 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
I think from my own observations that the pics only show up if your posts long enough to fit them in.

Nah, we're redoing the avatars for a lot of the ranks, since there are some new ranks as well. This is all just for fun, so don't go on a spamming frenzy now!

------------------
Old 10-21-2001, 03:05 AM   #12
Thrawn
The Magister

one solution to this problem! download managers! that can resume broken download i would had never ever downloaded darkest day though my 28k modem without useing download managers, cause i had to break and pause it while i was doing stuff on the net then resumeing it for overnights.
Old 10-21-2001, 06:06 AM   #13
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
I think from my own observations that the pics only show up if your posts long enough to fit them in.

little brothers suck. sisters even worse or so i hear. the worst would probably be a game of privateer i had:

i play an excellent dogfight and get through with 1% armour, no shield, damage on everything, no auto, decidedly in no shape for anything. since i have no auto ive to fly about 1 million klicks on manual.

by brother comes in and presses the power button. me being just after the hardest fight in the game (or so i thought) i was a bit upset by this.

i make him hold in the power button

1/2 an hour later, im finally at a base, land, he's in tears from his sore finger.

i click on save.

he lets go of the power button.

during the save, so hes killed my savegame and set me back a month and a half.

still, my mate had an even worse experience. his 6 year old sister turned on his computer to play some crap game or other, took out BG2 CD2 and put it back in the box. somehow she snapped it. and he gets bawled out for attacking his sister.

and once my mother phoned someone just b4 i finished vaporising one of the evil demented gits that call themselves my classmates. after 2 hours. so its not just the young.

this should be long enogh to warant a picture, i think.

Yes, little sisters are worse than small brothers. Once, I woz at the end of the game. I woz fighting Irnicus. I woz at half health, and it had taken me about 1/4 of an hour and sum luck, but I had him beaten. Wait, oh no! He's about to attack my main char in slayer form! My char is at 5% health! He misses! Wot LUCK!!! I am the man! I am the best! I start yelling as my little sis comes in and trips over the computer cable, pulling my PC off the desk and smashing the monitor on the floor, breaking the screen. AND I LOST MY BG2 GAME GODDAMMIT!!!

------------------
Horatio, Silver Ranger of the ALSB

Oh that lovely winged elf!
She's more valuable than the arrows of Melf,
More useful than the Scorcher and Magic Missle Conbined,
Join the ALSB, just sign on the line!
Old 10-21-2001, 07:19 AM   #14
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:

little brothers suck. sisters even worse or so i hear. the worst would probably be a game of privateer i had:

i play an excellent dogfight and get through with 1% armour, no shield, damage on everything, no auto, decidedly in no shape for anything. since i have no auto ive to fly about 1 million klicks on manual.

by brother comes in and presses the power button. me being just after the hardest fight in the game (or so i thought) i was a bit upset by this.

i make him hold in the power button

1/2 an hour later, im finally at a base, land, he's in tears from his sore finger.

i click on save.

he lets go of the power button.

during the save, so hes killed my savegame and set me back a month and a half.

still, my mate had an even worse experience. his 6 year old sister turned on his computer to play some crap game or other, took out BG2 CD2 and put it back in the box. somehow she snapped it. and he gets bawled out for attacking his sister.

and once my mother phoned someone just b4 i finished vaporising one of the evil demented gits that call themselves my classmates. after 2 hours. so its not just the young.

this should be long enogh to warant a picture, i think.
Did you know:
That this post was IW's 250000th post?

That's right, andrewas. You're famous now

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-21-2001, 08:21 AM   #15
ReGiN

Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn:
one solution to this problem! download managers! that can resume broken download i would had never ever downloaded darkest day though my 28k modem without useing download managers, cause i had to break and pause it while i was doing stuff on the net then resumeing it for overnights.
Well, I think everybody should thank god for DSL!!

Old 10-21-2001, 09:02 AM   #16
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas the Elven Archer:
Did you know:
That this post was IW's 250000th post?

That's right, andrewas. You're famous now

How bored could someone be to check on that??

------------------
Not a member of any clan and is cool with that.
For online roleplaying, check The Elysium Gaming Project.
Old 10-21-2001, 09:07 AM   #17
Byronas

Why brothers and sisters are doing all the time bad things?
Maybe it is in their nature to destroy something that we have worked much time!

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.