Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-03-2002, 11:08 AM   #41
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Rimjaw:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Do you guys know who Frenzy is, it's bugging me
If I'm not wrong he's one of Soundwave's cassettes.[/QUOTE]Of course you're right He's Rumbles twin, the earthshaker robots.

Thanks Rimjaw.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:16 AM   #42
Deathbringer

Well im off to bed now. Thanks you guys! Now I'm going to be dreaming of transformers! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 09-03-2002, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Deathbringer ]

Old 09-03-2002, 11:17 AM   #43
Sigmar
Unicorn

Well goodnight (I had no idea this thread was going to be so popular ).

See you around.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:33 AM   #44
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Well goodnight (I had no idea this thread was going to be so popular ).

See you around.
Don't underestimate transformer's power! lol, 'night

Old 09-03-2002, 11:38 AM   #45
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Yeah, I'll knock off as well. Maybe I'll leave the comp on overnight so that I can DL the movie. Night all. Look forward to more nostalgia in the morning.
Old 09-03-2002, 01:25 PM   #46
Sigmar
Unicorn

Nostalgic bump.
Old 09-03-2002, 05:14 PM   #47
Grojlach
Zartan

Sigmar, I could answer a few of your questions...

Huffer didn't die on-screen in the movie, but during an episode in Season 3 (Dark Awakening IIRC), he's also lying in the tomb in which all the "deceased" robots are kept, and was named as one of those who died in the Great War (referring to the events in Transformers, The Movie). So it is assumed he died in there, as well. Both he and Brawn were spotted in a later episode (Carnage in C-minor), though, alive and kicking. But that scene is considered to be a graphical continuity error (in fact, that entire episode was one big mess, in another scene Hotspot appears next to Defensor for instance ).

Shockwave also didn't die on-screen, even though he vanished without a trace in the regular series. In the original script for the Movie however, Shockwave *did* die, during the battle with Unicron. He yells at the other Decepticons to "Scramble" and in the scene after that, Unicron crushes the building Shockwave was in. I think the scene was left out of the movie because there were already more than enough deaths in it, or it was scrapped (among other scenes) because the movie was too long in its original state.

[ 09-03-2002, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 09-03-2002, 05:23 PM   #48
Grojlach
Zartan

And let me add that the original series are great to see again for a nostalgia trip, but don't expect the storylines to be that impressive... The comics are a lot better, for that matter. At the moment, a publisher called Titan is rereleasing the old US and UK comics again, a new paperback every few months. The first four releases (Primal Scream, Matrix Quest, All Fall Down and End of the Road) cover the events that happened in US Comic #56 to #80, the best period of the US comic written by Simon Furman. Trust me, the comics are a lot more mature, less innocent and less naive than the original cartoon series. Definitely worth reading. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-03-2002, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 09-03-2002, 05:53 PM   #49
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Well, the show wasn't really on TV in germany, I just saw a few episodes on an english channel when I was about 8 years old. It's absolutely legendary and it's shame that the only good cartoon series on german TV was 'masters of the universe'.

HAW!

haw...where's my signature pic???
Old 09-03-2002, 06:29 PM   #50
Tancred
White Dragon

YAY Transformers! I had a Soundwave. I lost him! Can you believe it? I have no iea hwere all my old Transformers are now. Blast it, that was a damn fine cartoon series...

As an aside... has anyone ever seen an episode of Japanese Transformers? It has to beseen to be believed... Blaster goes by the name Billy, Metroplex by the name Philip (I'm not kidding here - they really do say "Phillip has come to save us!"), the scene-changes come at incredibly bizarre times...

"What is that?"
"I don't know."
"Ok... lets all go... TRANSFORM!"
"What do we do now?"
*SCENECHANGE*

... bizarre dialogue abounds; after a pitched battle to the death between Blaster/Billy and his opposite number, Soundwave - in which Blaster loses an arm and Soundwave is smashed into the robot equivalent of unconsciousness - all Megatron can muster by way of an epitaph for his second-in-command is "Darn that Soundwave!". Mindwipe uses his 'sorcerous powers' instead of an ultrafrequency beam to knock robots out! Quickshot introduces himself with one of the strangest intros ever...

SPRINGER: "Who are you?"
QUICKSHOT: "I'm Quickshot... Ninja Consultant to the Decepticons!"

And the one defining moment, the one thing that made me laugh long and loud after watching episodes of Japanese Transformers is the sight of the eight-year-old kid character cowering behind a bench during a pitched firefight between Autobots and Decepticons, and a forty-foot robot warrior with a gun says to him, "Get up and fight! What kind of warrior are you?"

Oh, how we roared...

Beast Wars I recommend to any Transformers fan wanting to see a 'sequel' to Transformers done INCREDIBLY well.