Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2001, 05:33 AM   #11
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

OK, that's IT. I don't care that that was a joke, I've seen enough of them lately. Why is it that suddenly I am someone who can't stand anything, who is offended by everything?? That's ■■■■■■■ nonsense!! If any of you had any idea of the kind of life I have been leading, you would NEVER see me as some kind of weak-hearted little girl! I've been through things that would very possibly have broken YOU, okay?? So why am I fed up now? Not because I can't take this anymore, thank you very muych, but just because I'm sick and tired of having to defend myself against COMPLETELY unjustified accusations like that. Goodbye! (and for those who don't know what this is about, NO, I'm not overreacting...refrain from forming an opinion until you know the lot of it)

Mel - please don't do this. I know you are having a bad time in RL and there have been problems on other boards but please take some time to reflect on this. If you still want to leave we will respect your decision but don't burn your bridges yet. You would be greatly missed here.

Anyway - you still owe me that beer.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 10-08-2001, 05:38 AM   #12
Link
Jack Burton

And I did! I just risked my school carreer by sending a mail during school time. If I had been caught, I would have been kicked of this school. I know that it's to everyone here, and I now realise what I've done.. I'M SORRY OK!!!

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-08-2001, 05:47 AM   #13
Epona
Zartan

Geez - why can't people think before they post?
Link - it is good that you apologised, I hope it wasn't too late.
Mel is a wonderful person, with incredible strength of character. It is unfortunate perhaps for you that IMO the worst thing you could possibly say to her is that she couldn't handle something, or is in some way weak. SHE IS ONE OF THE STRONGEST PEOPLE I HAVE EVER KNOWN.

I hope you made your apology good.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-08-2001, 05:50 AM   #14
Link
Jack Burton

Y'all are acting like I did it on purpose! No way! She's one of the first members who said hi to me when I first arrived here, you know.. I NEVER EVER wanted her to leave, and if you've read everything in this thread, Epona, you'd see that I'm trying everything I can.. I also posted at MH in case she doesn't read all this anymore.. What have I done???

------------------

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 10-08-2001, 06:29 AM   #15
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Y'all are acting like I did it on purpose! No way! She's one of the first members who said hi to me when I first arrived here, you know.. I NEVER EVER wanted her to leave, and if you've read everything in this thread, Epona, you'd see that I'm trying everything I can.. I also posted at MH in case she doesn't read all this anymore.. What have I done???

Link, I don't think you did it on purpose - but it was a bit insensitive to say the least. I just hope your apology is enough - it sounds as though it wasn't just you, but your comment was the straw that broke the camel's back.

------------------

Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-08-2001, 10:29 AM   #16
Melusine
Dracolisk

Link, you know it's not all your fault. Yes, that joke was completely uncalled for and ticked me off, but like Epona said, it was more of a last straw thing. Don't blame yourself ok?
Donut, thanks for you concern hon, but really...the comments about my real life being rocky and myself being stressed, I'm sure they're well meant but it's precisely that attitude that is hurtful. You don't NEED to make up any excuses for why I am supposedly overreacting, because my point is that I'm NOT overreacting. For the last few days it has happened repeatedly that I gave my opinion on a subject, just like so many others here share their opinions (and, if I may add, often much more strongly than I ever did), and got asked if I was burnt out or even accused of being an insulting person! Such attacks on my personality/mental state are not funny, and though I can handle them, I simply refuse to defend myself against such ridiculous assertions. Things like forum wars etc have nothing to do with it... this may come as a surprise but hey, I KNOW this is just the Internet; I have more important things in my life, and some brat telling me off online (I mean no one in particular, just an example ) does NOT distress me in RL! Contrary to popular belief, I am quite happy in RL (even though it's difficult, I've been through far worse). So please, I ask of all of you to stop making assumptions about me unless you know they're true....
Link, don't worry, I'm not leaving at all, though I would like to be away from the board for a while; like I said such attacks do not truly harm me, it's just that I have better things to spend my energy on.
Epona, Donut and Wolfie, thanks so much for your posts...you guys rock!! *big hug*

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-08-2001, 10:33 AM   #17
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Link, don't worry, I'm not leaving at all, though I would like to be away from the board for a while; like I said such attacks do not truly harm me, it's just that I have better things to spend my energy on.
Epona, Donut and Wolfie, thanks so much for your posts...you guys rock!! *big hug*
That's nice to hear, I was afraid we had lost one of our nicest members.
Old 10-08-2001, 10:38 AM   #18
Epona
Zartan

Quote:

Awwww!! (BIG HUGS) in return. Glad you're not leaving us for good. If anyone assumes you 'can't cope', can't take criticism or whatever, it is a reflection of their own weakness, not yours.

------------------

Old 10-08-2001, 10:38 AM   #19
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Link, you know it's not all your fault. Yes, that joke was completely uncalled for and ticked me off, but like Epona said, it was more of a last straw thing. Don't blame yourself ok?
Donut, thanks for you concern hon, but really...the comments about my real life being rocky and myself being stressed, I'm sure they're well meant but it's precisely that attitude that is hurtful. You don't NEED to make up any excuses for why I am supposedly overreacting, because my point is that I'm NOT overreacting. For the last few days it has happened repeatedly that I gave my opinion on a subject, just like so many others here share their opinions (and, if I may add, often much more strongly than I ever did), and got asked if I was burnt out or even accused of being an insulting person! Such attacks on my personality/mental state are not funny, and though I can handle them, I simply refuse to defend myself against such ridiculous assertions. Things like forum wars etc have nothing to do with it... this may come as a surprise but hey, I KNOW this is just the Internet; I have more important things in my life, and some brat telling me off online (I mean no one in particular, just an example ) does NOT distress me in RL! Contrary to popular belief, I am quite happy in RL (even though it's difficult, I've been through far worse). So please, I ask of all of you to stop making assumptions about me unless you know they're true....
Mel! I don't think anyone can understand how happy I am now!! Thanks for forgiving me! Have you read my email??

------------------

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 10-08-2001, 10:47 AM   #20
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Mel! I don't think anyone can understand how happy I am now!! Thanks for forgiving me! Have you read my email??

I have, thanks!
Again, it was cumulative, not just your post...

Epona....thanks sweetie

Sheesh - all this fuss in those threads makes me feel like one of those Forum Drama Queens that go "I'm leaving" "Oh hang on, I'm back by popular demand" "But if you're not nice to me I might...leave!!"
LOL, that wasn't my purpose, and I think most of you know I would never say something like that lightly. Anyway, all I'm saying is, I simply don't feel like defending myself against stupid people, so I won't. And I know that when I read posts like that again, I just won't be able to stop myself from replying - that's why taking a break from it all sounded like a good idea to me.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art