Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-16-2004, 07:14 PM   #1
Tancred
White Dragon

They're everywhere, I swear. Whenever they rear their ugly head, I cut it off; only to see another head, hydra-like, form from the oozing mass of evil.

What am I referring to? You've all encountered them - or Them, to be more cryptic. The nameless, faceless secret society/government conspirators/alien invaders/order of the Illuminati cliche, scheming for dominance of the halls of power, destroying the lives of ordinary good men and women in order to achieve it.

I first properly encountered them in Max Payne - and discovered how they were the cause of much that was evil in the city of New York. Then, while playing Deus Ex - a sudden surce of deja vu as I ran into virtually the same consipracy! Then, a few months later, I witnessed a fried of mine battle the same insidious machinations in Perfect Dark on his Nintendo!

Has anyone else encountered this ancient order of corrupt politicians, scientists, corporations and extraterrestrial forces in other games? If so, post your sightings here. They've got to be monitored - and stopped!
Old 02-17-2004, 07:30 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Oh.. most certainly. Those damn aliens are everywhere (*looks over his shoulder*. Freelancer being a good example of this.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 05:12 AM   #3
Niadh
Elminster

Yes, they also feature in Metal Gear Solid 2 and countless other games. Its a generic game element now really.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Niadh is offline   Reply With Quote