Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-20-2000, 09:49 PM   #11
RavenW

In the Boogre cave, after going through that fricken obstacle course (those four armed spinners were a pain in my a-HEM!) you come to the other idol surrounded by mage-fire, if you use the boogre brews on him (one time each charachter, so six brews total) you get a trait as listed before those are the things I got, seems to be pretty similar for everyone.

Old 11-20-2000, 11:59 PM   #12
Lily the Ranger

xenotoca - ugh! The beasts (jungle lilies) are no relation of mine. I tried the Boogre place (rat man told me to go north) but decided it was pretty tough and I should finish the castle first. Dingal did look ridiculous in his purple wizard hat as a boogre.

Old 11-22-2000, 07:35 PM   #13
mark

My fighters got either giant strike or beserk, my wizards got fortitude, which really helped getting to warlock. Did anyone else try putting the evil back in the wall socket, taking it out and invoking on another character. When you invoke, it will give you the Evil Eye trait. Each time you put in back in the wall socket you are able to invoke it again. So, each of your characters can get the Evil Eye.

Old 11-22-2000, 07:58 PM   #14
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

mark -

Yep I did that. All my characters can give you the evil eye (not that they would!)

Wyv
Old 11-23-2000, 05:26 AM   #15
xenotoca

Lily
as my alluding to those Junge Lilies being relatives of yours has upset you so much I have penned another of my famous pieces of prose to apologise. Please forgive me I need all the help in skull castle I get get.

I dont know how I could have been so silly
As to ever think that the Jungle Lily
An abomination that we all hated
Was even in the slightest related
To the georgeous Lily the Ranger
A gal who laughs in the face of danger
I only hope that she can see
It in her heart to forgive me

PS I thought you looked kinda cute as a boogre. Mind you I was boogered at the time

Old 11-23-2000, 01:33 PM   #16
Lily the Ranger

Oh this is soo embarrassing. I thank you sooooo much xenotoca for your kind and witty poem. It warms a ranger's heart as she sits around the campfire with her companions staring at the naked, hairy body of the warlock gnome (who wants to be monk) and wondering why she is out here. And then there is her companion, Talon, who takes great pleasure in frying the local . . . what did freud call them . . . ambient life forms. She is considering putting pudding in his pillow or making him eat what he kills.

But, actually, it is I who owe you an apology. In doing some geneology research it has come to my attention that there was some tawdry activity on my great, great, great, great grandmother's side of the family that resulted in some unfortunate relatives coming into being. Although a family reunion is scheduled upon my completion of Shurgeon Castle, the shame of my distant relations treatment of so valiant a poet makes me want to go get boogred.

What is a girl to do?

Old 11-23-2000, 07:13 PM   #17
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Well, my gallant party is still composed of boogres; I never did find the ghost, or the "touchable" idol.. so my poor characters are still boogre-city. However, that extra 100 hp is very nice! My 38-hit point level 12 ratling rogue now feels big and beefy!
Old 11-23-2000, 07:48 PM   #18
DragonLady

It took me awhile to find the right idol also but i did in the end, look at your map and you will see the two rooms they look alike they each have a fountain in them, if you go out the correct one going straight out from the fountain going to the left down stairways and such you will find the room to use the evil eye be warned more of those jungle lilies to kill 3 i think.

This is only if you want to be you again that is.

The ghost was in the arena area the end room. (you need to be in the arena to go there.)

Old 11-23-2000, 09:47 PM   #19
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Ah ah! I left as soon as I posted and found my way.. thanks anyway DragonLady! For some reason, I was totally missing one door; have you guys had that happen, where, for some reason, you pass right by a door but fail to even notice it's there? Strange..

Oh, and the jungle lilies were a most pleasant surprise.. they took me down while I was talking to ol' G's ghost. Second time, I finally killed them.. it will make for a great story on the archive, for I was runn..err, strategically withdrawing, and I ran into those rooms with the HIGHLY obnoxious noise & damage floors.. the teleport ones. "Snicker" I thought, "that overgrown dandelion will never find me here." I heard it teleporting around, and IT was getting damaged also.. I thought that was neat. So, after about 5 or 6 errant "jumps".. it teleported right into the tiny room I was in! Fortunately, I was right behind it, so it didn't even see me.. it walked into another portal, actively searching for me.. Finally, it popped in the right way, and we had a very close fight.. toe-to-toe with those old boys is just a joy. With the help of about 6 burning hazes, though, the deed was done. Now I am happily lost in the stout mines! *lol* stupid lifts.. this game does like lifts.