Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-31-2001, 04:09 PM   #1
Kaney Augustus

Yoshimo just drops dead in front of my eyes when I return to my stronghold after completing a few chapters(I keep all of my spare NPC's at my stronghold when im not using them). Anyway I checked through the previous posts and they only explain how to keep him from dying by cheating. I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of storyline information as to why it happens at all and if there is a quest to revive him(As well as quest spoiler).

P. S. (off topic)
Could anyone remind me the proper place to put the punctuation marks with reguards to using parentheses. I placed the phrases in parentheses and then the period. Is this incorrect or should I have placed the period before the first parenthesis. Its been awhile since I last studied grammar and have long since forgotten some of the rules.

Old 10-31-2001, 04:28 PM   #2
andora20
Manshoon

Hi Kaney and wellcome to the forum
Major spoiler ahead:

If you brought Yoshimo with you into the spellhold after Irenicus you will find that Yoshimo betrayed you to Irenicus. Irenicus then sends you to Bhodi to be killed. When you get through Bhodi's dungeon, Yoshimo approaches yo, tells you he is sorry and asks you to kill him to free him from a Geas. You should find his heart somewhere around his body and you must bring it to a Priest of Lothander so Yoshimo can be freed. I hope this helps

------------------
Carpe Diem, Carpe Jugulem
Old 10-31-2001, 04:45 PM   #3
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

I am not one for enforcing the forum rules, but I must suggest that you change the subject line of this thread, kaney; as it is a MAJOR spoiler for those who haven't got that far in BG2. Thanks, and welcome to the forum.

As for the question, andora has it correct. There is no quest to revive yoshimo, only a quest (for large exp bonus) to save his soul. So, no, without cheating you cannot keep yoshimo in your party.
Old 10-31-2001, 07:24 PM   #4
Skunk
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by floyd:
LOL~! I can't see how this is a spoiler. chill out, Skunk. Its like "OMG!! I have been spoiled! I eventually acquire a being named Neb's head! I might as well quit playing BG2 now, as its intricate storyline is now RUINED!" How about just answering the question? It's easy.

Steady there floyd, if you keep darting backwards and forwards like this I won't be able to hit you with my magic missiles...
Old 10-31-2001, 09:25 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

Yoshimo dies cuz of a geas that irenicus put on him, but IN THE TEMPLE OF ILMATER IN THE PROMANADE IS WHERE U SEND HIS HEART.

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden