Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-28-2001, 12:32 AM   #1
Ajax
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just started a new game in BG2, re-using the same character from the last game. In importing the character, my character is wearing armour under the appearance setup menu (When you're creating a new character/importing screen), and then when you get into the game, poof!! it's all gone, everything - my nice silver sword, my nice elven chainmail armour +4, my cloak of reflection etc.

Is this supposed to happen??... I mean admitedly it would look a bit suss if Irenicus had you caged up with all your equipment on. But it seems odd that you should lose everything when at the import screen it says you will only lose bags of holding, gem bags and scroll cases.... Well they went along with everything else.

I also have the unofficial expansion installed... could this be the reason??

Is there a way to fix the problem???

Help!! -Thanks
Old 10-28-2001, 12:36 AM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

YES, remember, ur supposed to have lost ur equipment when captured at Baldurs Gate, so the computer thinks that those were ur items from BG, so it takes em away, really annoying.

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden
Old 10-28-2001, 12:40 AM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

To get around it, just pause the game right after the "loading game" screen (when the screen is still black and before Jon walks in to do his speech). The inventory screen should pop up and you can drop all the items you wish to keep on the ground and pick it up as soon as Imoen opens the cell door for you.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 10-28-2001, 12:42 AM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

cool trick accord, i'll use it.

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden
Old 10-31-2001, 10:34 PM   #5
Aurum
Manshoon

If you play in MP, solo import you character and pooff!, you gain all other time.

------------------
Principium mors est.
But when the world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.