Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-27-2001, 05:03 PM   #11
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Jafin:
I went into the secret room in the city gates district, and attacked the Lich, fully expecting to put up I good fight (I'm around levels 12-14), but surely dying. Well, I was close. The Lich summoned his little Pit Fiend friend and after that happened, Keldorn, Minsc and Jaheira died. The stupid thing frightened Aerie and a summoned Nymph, leaving Imoen and my Kensai to deal with the both of them. I decided to turn into the Slayer (my last resort tactic, which has always ended in my dying) and shortly after, the Lich died! Imoen helped with Magic Missles of course . Then I surprisingly quickly killed the Pit Fiend and that was it. I turned back to my normal, elven self, and killed my frightened little Nymph since it annoyed me. I waited a good 15 minutes for Aerie to get over her frightened state then resurrected Jaheira, who then resurrected Keldorn. We recuperated after the fight, getting everyone back up to fighting strenght, got a bunch of wands, and a really cool sword . Just wanted to share that, after all, I KILLED A LICH !!!

-Jafin

Yes........you killed a loyal brethren of mines. He was no loyal slave of course - far, far meager: but you slained him all the same.

Watch your back human.........
Watch your back mortal.........

- KD

------------------
Old 10-27-2001, 05:04 PM   #12
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Wah:
Quote:
Originally posted by Jafin:
I went into the secret room in the city gates district, and attacked the Lich, fully expecting to put up I good fight (I'm around levels 12-14), but surely dying. Well, I was close. The Lich summoned his little Pit Fiend friend and after that happened, Keldorn, Minsc and Jaheira died. The stupid thing frightened Aerie and a summoned Nymph, leaving Imoen and my Kensai to deal with the both of them. I decided to turn into the Slayer (my last resort tactic, which has always ended in my dying) and shortly after, the Lich died! Imoen helped with Magic Missles of course . Then I surprisingly quickly killed the Pit Fiend and that was it. I turned back to my normal, elven self, and killed my frightened little Nymph since it annoyed me. I waited a good 15 minutes for Aerie to get over her frightened state then resurrected Jaheira, who then resurrected Keldorn. We recuperated after the fight, getting everyone back up to fighting strenght, got a bunch of wands, and a really cool sword . Just wanted to share that, after all, I KILLED A LICH !!!

-Jafin

Yes........you killed a loyal brethren of mines. He was a weak wizard of course - far, far meager: but you slained him all the same.

We liches do not like being killed.

Watch your back human.........
Watch your back mortal.........

- KD

------------------
Old 10-27-2001, 05:28 PM   #13
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I just sent Jan in with improves invisibility and took it then gave it to Valygar when he got back into the Inn. After tht I just cast a load of protection spells entered and used that swords abilty that the undead don't like and hit him a few times with sword and magic and he died. Not too hard a battle. I imagine the Demi-lich is alot harder.

Warby
Old 10-28-2001, 10:48 PM   #14
chinese noodle
Manshoon

ok no ofense on killing the lich and stuff, but i just after comng out of the irenicus's dungeon went from waukeens promenade to the slums, then after talking to gaelen bayle, i went straight to the city gates and went in there with noone but my level 8 fighter/thief (dual class) hid in the shadows, went over and grabbed the daystar just as he was casting true sight, as soon as he went red, after talking to me i used that ability that the daystar has (sunray or something?) then after doing about 65 damage, i went over and killedd him with the daystar (1 proficincy in long sword)
Not too hard.
sorry.
Old 10-29-2001, 01:41 AM   #15
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Jafin
Well done! Wait till you kill your first dragon!

Err, that was prolly the easiest lich to kill in the game (no offence to you, Wah ).

[This message has been edited by Hayashi (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 01:47 AM   #16
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Jafin, congrats on bagging a lich! HADB pride! (although hopefully when we do that in our multi it wont be so bloody...)

and good luck with your first lich Kaz! dont worry, theyre not that hard...
Old 10-29-2001, 02:42 PM   #17
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

On this topic i did a ton of subquesting and by the time i was at the asylum dungeon viconia was level 18, and i saw a lich, fired it up hoping to weaken it or make it run away leaving my cavalier to pound on it without it attacking me, but to my pleasent surpirse, the turn undead killed it out right! I literally cried out of shock and excitment! Now its time for the Demilich once im in act 6, and by then my turn undead will be even better (also I'll have 3 turners, myslef(paladin)viconia, and aerie!) Anyone know where he is in the bridge? I looked all around and couldent find him, hes in the tanners basement where it wotn let me go isnt he? even if hes not, I am used to walking into strangers houses and having the run of the house! I want to know how to get in his basement, even if thats not where th lich is.
Old 10-29-2001, 03:31 PM   #18
Malekith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well done! I did it too and now I want to kill the demi-lich.If you kill it tell me please.
Old 10-29-2001, 03:35 PM   #19
Quikdeth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The demi-lich is in a basement in a house in the docks district. He's one tough SOB.
Old 10-31-2001, 12:22 PM   #20
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well done, Jafin. I feel your joy - I just killed the same lich last night. I've found some BGII sites with good strategy guides and I always read up on an area before going in - so I knew about the sword.

I sent Yoshimo in to get the sword and gave it to Minsc. He swung it in his right hand and Namarra +2 in his off-hand. I tried a hit-and-run strategy at first (Aerie went in, cast HOLD UNDEAD and left. Minsc goes in and uses SUNRAY and leaves. etc etc) That DIDN'T WORK! I got killed 3 times, regardless of what order I sent people in.

Finally, I just launched an all-out assault. This is the party I have right now.

Cerek Tolgar - Wizard Slayer (10th) - Main character. Played through BGI and used patch to keep Bala's Axe (80% chance for Miscast Magic per hit!!! - perfect weapon for a Wizard Slayer).
Minsc, Korgan, Jaheira (love interest), Yoshimo, and Aerie.

As soon as Cerek got into melee with Bala's Axe, the fight was as good as over. The lich had gotten his Fire Shield up, but all the rest of his spells failed.
The tanks then made "Minsc-meat" out of him in very short order.