Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-01-2005, 03:25 AM   #11
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi folks..........might have been that I didn't have a vacant space in my inventory.......cause I had already done everything suggested........but I wasn't going to spend any more time on it, so I stole the key and got the Armor.....one suit is more than enough cause my characters have hit points in the thousands, so even tho it's strong armor, one is all I need...........thanks to all of you......seems posters on Ironworks are some of the most polite, friendly folks.........never any nasty digs or bull..........without a doubt, my favorite gaming site......if you appreciate them like I have come to appreciate them.....make a donation....I'm gonna.........thanks again
Qiote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 05:55 AM   #12
dragon2005
The Magister

for these quest you need only 1 dragon armer soute, our ather charictors wont hurt only the firest one the one on the top, any way there are 2 dragon ore in the stout mine one is just liean around and you dont have to dig it(this one is not manchaned in the walkthrogh), there is a "secrat" way geting it, it is not that hard just do lava walk and get down to the lava by folling. you can do that if you want to end thes quest in the best way(good way) you can.
and dont forget to go find rastlion the stout that the king manchend , kill him and you will be an assassin(if you got that quest from the black hand).
dragon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 12:09 PM   #13
jsalsb
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Griefmaker:
Of course killing all of the stouts and raiding their hole is the best way, IMO, to get the dragon armour, and a whole pile of treasure.

Stupid stouts...

Heh heh... What annoys me is having to wait for 6 different stouts to ruminate over whether or not to accept the clan invitation!

But you don't actually have to wipe them out to raid the larder. The "stupid stouts" will happily stand there and smile - like castle guards minding the prince in Python's Holy Grail - as you open one chest after another and make off with all the goodies!

/* EDIT - ps Qiote: glad you were able to resolve the dragon ore issue somehow and move on to the spire. */

[ 05-01-2005, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: jsalsb ]
Old 05-01-2005, 09:40 PM   #14
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Glad you got your answers, Qiote! And I agree -- this board is one of the nicest places when it comes to gaming and questions. We don't play flame-the-noobie here... that's just not fun, frankly.

And there is one other advantage to dragon armor... anyone (except an Oomphaz, I think) can wear it, no matter what their class is. So your wizard or warlock, normally restricted to robes, can be equipped in nice plate... a real bonus, frankly.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 10:04 PM   #15
Griefmaker
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:

And there is one other advantage to dragon armor... anyone (except an Oomphaz, I think) can wear it, no matter what their class is.
I may be wrong since it has been about a year since I played this game, but I thought everyone, even Oomphaz could wear the Dragon armor. I seem to remember giving a second one to my Oomphaz warlock before, but I can't remember for sure.

Plus, wouldn't that ruin a party consisting only of Oomphaz? If they could not wear the dragon armor, then they would not be able to get by the area that requires the dragon armor. Then they would also not be able to finish the game (I think).
Old 05-02-2005, 01:17 AM   #16
dragon2005
The Magister

i did not realy understand what do you mean when you say oomphaz charictor, i only know that when i played the game and found some armers i could not wear them becous there was oomphaz armer, what is oomphaz?
dragon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 03:22 AM   #17
Radek
Red Dragon

Trap! A wizard cannot use Pick Axe anyhow. He cannot equip it and "attack" the ore pile. He cannot use it from the inventory on the ore pile, either. The end.

Therefore, always plan your role changing so that you enter Stout Mines with a non-wizard character or at least one non-wizard character in your party.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:29 AM   #18
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I suspected that having 6 Wizards might be the problem, but, all my Wizards had the sword/axe skill and no one mentioned that, so I figured it was not the problem........but, I stole the key...got the armor and went on my merry way...

ANOTHER QUESTION..... I now have 6 warlocks....gonna make them ALL Zen Masters....does anybody know if I will run into problems regarding not being able to DO SOMETHING...with everybody the same class....

Everything I read stated that once you are a "class", you retain all the skills you aquired even tho you change to another class......One character has been a Warrior, Paladin, Samauri, Wizard, Warlock.....shouldn't he be able to use a sword...and armor........even tho he is now a warlock, he has sword to level 7....why can't he use sword....he has the skill...it didn't disappear when he stopped being a Samauri....duh??'*&>#**>:
Qiote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:56 AM   #19
Radek
Red Dragon

1. Each class has some restrictions on using items. A warlock cannot use swords (except the Mavin Sword) because he is a warlock. It does not matter whether he has the sword skill or not. The same is true for armor and - for the Pick Axe. Nevertheless, the warlocks can continue improving their sword skill, even if they cannot use swords now. Once they change role and get rid or the class restriction, they will be able to use swords at their skill level.

2. Multiple zenmasters. Legitimely, only one character can become a zenmaster during a given game run. Right, you can become a zenmaster, reset adventures, and prepare another character for a zenmaster. The previous zenmaster will not vanish. This way, you can collect as many zenmasters as you want. But I suppose this is not what you want [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
If you aren't patched then you can turn all your characters into zenmasters at once. Give the first character all four Tomes of Wisdom, make him the active character and enter Bushi Dojo. Once the guildmaster detects the presence of the tomes and starts admiring the character, open his inventory and pass all four tomes to another character quickly. Close the inventory and wait until the guildmaster promotes the first character to a zenmaster. Switch to the second character, and so on
Two notes:
- It's possible only in an unpatched game
- Do not overlook that all future zenmasters must have enough space in their inventories to keep all four Tomes of Wisdom.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:05 AM   #20
jsalsb
Elminster

I think it refers to skills/traits/spells/ability-stats in general. You retain these things when changing classes. Now, just because your erstwhile samurai has sword skill of 5, doesn't mean he can actually *equip* a sword anymore now that he's a wizard. I guess he has decided to religiously abide by the wizard's code in order to obtain his arcane powers! That's my (role-playing-ish) read on the sitch [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS - I had no idea that wizard's couldn't use the pick. In my defence, only Radek could have actually figured it out. He has some eerie karmic connection with the game code on some ethereal level or something.