Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2005, 09:25 AM   #21
plenty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

(Thanx for greetngs - i'm glad i finnaly decided to visit forum [img]smile.gif[/img]

Magister - u don't need to visit the crypt - just vanish through the wall near oarcles (it's somewhere in the best tips and is nothing new).

No need to go to skull too, staff is unnessesary. Mavin Sword is enough.

On rhis forum i have found the fastest way to pass Collassium (by aleph_null1, the author of this post):

"2) Portal in Collassium: Until now, Collassium has always been the big time bottleneck -- this time it only took 5:30! I put a portal at the start of the spinning door, and stuck the second glowstone in as soon as I exited the East end of spinny, such that I could Teleport back to the West side as soon as I got the 2nd Tablet, go straight North for the 3rd, and then Teleport back again to exit from the palace front door."

Afrer Collassium u may go directly to the final location.

And one more tip: u can Vanish through the dors to the final stage, without the 2 keys needed to open it - but u must had visited Kerah earlier. That saves u couple of minutes and u can skip "lavalike" locations there.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:46 PM   #22
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... sounds like plenty has a few ideas that can shave off some time there [img]smile.gif[/img] Time for someone to give it a shot... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 12:25 AM   #23
Mr Creosote
The Magister

Do you need to collect the 3 Dragon tablets to get to Erathsmedor?
Just I have been trying to Vanish through the door opposite the dragon shard holder and it doesn't work. No matter where I face, the spell either fails or sends me back to the entry door to that room.
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 12:45 AM   #24
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You have to have all three dragon shards to open that door. I haven't tried vanish, so I can't comment on it. Sounds like it's protected, though

However, you can get to Erathsmedor from the other side, as some folks have found, by stacking up a ladder or vanishing in the right spot. I actually enjoy doing Dragonspire because of all the high-XP random monsters in there... it's a great place to level up!

Except for the occasional fuming fungus... I hate those almost as much as the salads
-+-+-+
Old 01-06-2005, 10:30 AM   #25
plenty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

U can vanish through the forest (near thorin there is a spot when u can see the other side beetwen the forest and spire mountain's rock). Then u can go to 3rd city or to earthsmeador cave. In the cave u vanish through one of the dors (only one works). No shrad is needed, u can attack earthsmeador, but kol is invincible. U can damage him, but his life is at maximum lvl and he don't move nor do anything else but turning. to se him beeing eaten u must get to the elevator, go down, then up again (after duble - shifting a lever) BEFORE killing the dragon...

One more thing. i takes me less then 10 minutes from the beginning of thr game to killing a treefolk (i got very slow computer). He is worth a LOOT XP. The fastest way to make levels.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:17 PM   #26
Mr Creosote
The Magister

Been trying the speed game.

Fastest I can get to Brimloch is 6 mins, just can't see how to do it any faster with all that swimming/running. Athletics at skill level 14 doesn't seem to speed things up at all.

Given my hopelessness at Collassium I am estimating 3 hours there!! Wont be much of a speed game [img]smile.gif[/img]

I *think* this is the fastest way to do the game - 6 mins to Brimloch, then off to Anephas and Vanish through lock/ward thingy, Vanish through his back door. Do Collassium for 3 tablets then off to Cet to kill him.
There is a lot of swimming in that, how do you manage to do it so fast?!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 02:50 PM   #27
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You may not have seen this before, but if you swim backwards, you go faster.

You also don't have to go through Anephas' tomb, either. You can vanish through a strip of trees near there, and end up on the Lost Sea side.

Only thing you *have* to do is make sure you end up with the Mavin sword or Staff of Death.

My party is just about to hit Brimloch, so I may try a speed game once this is complete. I may just have a new zenmaster to bring to the party...
-+-+-+
Old 01-06-2005, 03:02 PM   #28
Mr Creosote
The Magister

Yes, found the Vanish thru trees at Shrine the hard way! Couldnt Vanish thru back door at Anephas so worked out there must be another way [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, no way I can beat 23 mins.
12 mins to Collassium, even if I practise it I dont think I can do it in less than 6 mins, that would leave 4 mins to get to Cet and kill him.

Just wish there was a faster way to move.
Any idea how to get the Ariel's Slipper or Fairie (Wings?) trait?

Still, it amazes me. When I first read the 23 mins post I thought it was magical, now I suppose it is beatable by someone better at it than me, but not me!

PS Swimming backwards isnt an option for me, I get lost [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2005, 07:11 PM   #29
bsftcs
Red Dragon

That is one of the missing traits.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:07 PM   #30
plenty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bungleau, I don't know is this known trick or not, but when u r in cets tomb, to open a door u need to give to kerah her holly water, and find 2 keys. The keys are not nessesary. U can vanish trough those 2 stabs directly to cets room (once again - only after giving kerah holly water). Sorry if it's well known, but it can help u to beat 23 minutes...