Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2002, 07:53 AM   #31
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Loumistro, It did seem to be quite for a while. I hope you had a good time. W&W is on special in New Zealand so we have some new Kiwi's on the forum.

[ 07-23-2002, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: kev ]
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 03:12 AM   #32
morningstar
The Magister

Hi
I am 52 and am a Mum of 2 adult boys and 1 teenage girl. The whole family including my hubby are all game MAD! W & W is my first PC game that I have continued to play. I really love adventure games, and my favorite apart from W & W is Phantasy Star. I have played them all. Although I was disappointed with the new one which was online and hard to play from Australia if you weren't on Big Pond. I live in the country 100 km from Melbourne. Would never go back to the city. I used to teach typing to years 7-10 at a Christian College near us. I play piano and can teach it, am an artist and currently learning watercolor pencil tecniques with a book illustrator. I have served for 20 years with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and Radio Australia for 6 years. I love children and I am interested in Metaphsical Studies. Love this forum and consider you all my friends now. See you on the forum.
Old 07-24-2002, 04:14 AM   #33
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thats a co-incidence, I worked for the ABC in Perth for 8 years before George Manning at the ABC in Broome helped me get a job as a Pearl diver.
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 08:50 PM   #34
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Wow,
You guys are really living normal lives.
Well, here goes.
I'll be the big 4-0 this year. I'm slightly larger than average. I clear the tape of measuring over 6', and tilt the scale of weighing just over 235lbs. 1-2 hrs of good physical training first thing in the morning is the only way to start the day. I'm very nocternal, as it's closing on 0230hrs and wide awake. I normally sleep from 0300 to 0700 hrs while in this type of environment, and 0100 to 0530hrs while in garrison(home). I enjoy the relaxing sports, fishing with my family, and darts. I have a very fast car, and love driving the open roads of Europe. Especially Germany and the Autobahn. Besides Montana, where in the states can you set cruise at 135mph?
I just missed my wife's birthday, and our 17th anniversary. And will miss my beautiful daughters 11th birthday. I'm forward deployed in a 3rd world country that most of you probably could not find on a map. But hey, it pays the bills. I will celebrate my 21st year active duty while here in this far away place. I just received a permenant job placement notification with DOT safety, and all in the same time frame, received my denial for retirment. Life goes on, or so I'm told.
I enjoy computer games, (my happy place) escape from reality. I have been a puter buff since the induction of home PCs way back in the early 80s. I build my own customs, and have just gotten into the art of case customization. I have been without W&W for a few weeks now, just a start for the long haul, 6 month duration. I do not like first person shooters or war games, I do this for a living. But Empire Earth and the Civ generation are really cool. I have seen the young ones play Morrowind on Xbox. Cannot wait until I can get the PC version, and rotate home to play it.
The Assassin in W&W is it. The art of secrecy, shadows, and camoflauge. To make the perfect kill when one least expects it. Almost akin to a one shot one kill expectation of a sniper.
I enjoy clear mountain mornings (without a 55lb ruck on my back, and jungle boots on my feet), fresh water fishing, and cold to moderate climate. I'd rather be knee deep in snow, than head to toe in sweety sticky sand. One can dress for the winter, but cannot undress for the desert. I hope to call Idaho home within the next 2yrs, providing Uncle Sam does not have any more tricks up his sleeve. I have found this forum to be a great place to spend a few minutes a day mesmerizing about W&W.
I also started with the Ultima series, and the Wizardry gang. But my all time favortie go to game has got to be Civ 2. But Morrowind may bring new offerings, as the game changes based on how you play it. Well the cat is now out of the hat.
I speak very softly, and carry a very large caliber weapon.

Felix The Assassin

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 02:36 AM   #35
macoati
Manshoon

Jafin- sorry to hear about your father... I was diagnosed with MS on May 8th this year.

I am 34, have been married almost 6years-most of them happy. I've been role-playing since I was 10 and reading sci-fi since I was 8. Home is Wyoming and I work for the State (don't ask what, you'll call me evil [img]smile.gif[/img] . I was a physics/math major in college. Macoati is the name of the first and only Paladin I ever ran ... also the only character I ever retired! No kids...well...2 dogs (one thinks she's human the other thinks she's a cat) 1 cat (who thinks she's a dog). I am terribly outnumbered in my house in the gender category it seems [img]smile.gif[/img]

My favorite series of RPG's is Wizardry (which explains why I bought WW) but I was rather dissapointed with W7... and W8 is sitting next to my comp waiting for me to finish WW [img]smile.gif[/img] .

If you are in the mood for stupid people, drop on by as Cheyenne Frontier Days is going on right now and you can get your fill of wannabe cowboys and those ppl who don't know that almost all cars have turn signals located on the steering wheel.

Nice to meet everyone (hope someone has a clue about the issue I posted tonight )
Old 07-27-2002, 04:29 AM   #36
DeathDragon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well about me. I'm 17, single, and going onto 12th grade at the end of this summer. I live in New Jersey, USA. I plan to major in Web Designing and Game Programing in college (I'll eventually make a Wizardry game). My future goal is to work for Blizzard. I can't spell.

I have a cat and used to have a dog. Have an older brother 2 years older. I basically live a sheltered life out in hickville.

I play all sorts of games, from first person shooters to RPG's. The main games that I play are StarCraft: Brood War (beating it for the third time), Wizards and Warriors, Half-Life (all of its mods too), Caesar III, the Commandos series, Arcanum, and Shadow Company.

I built the computer that I'm using:
1.7ghz
760mb DDR Ram
12.7gb and 37.2gb Hard Drives
VooDoo 5 5500 Video Card (I really need to upgrade this card)

I'm one of those nocturnal guys, never like the day time. I usually stay up to about 4:00 AM, which it's past now .
DeathDragon<br />************************************************* *********************<br />Once you see a Death Dragon<br />It\'s already to late<br />************************************************* *********************
DeathDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 04:34 AM   #37
DeathDragon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Forgot a couple things.

I like to play baseball, go whitewater rafting, scale walls, hang out with friends, play pc games, and go camping.

I'm also really skinny [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I'm 6'1 weighing 140lbs.
DeathDragon<br />************************************************* *********************<br />Once you see a Death Dragon<br />It\'s already to late<br />************************************************* *********************
DeathDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 10:59 PM   #38
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well I am back I went on another vacation with a friend. It was fun. And I am back now.
Loumistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 11:28 PM   #39
macoati
Manshoon

Have we gotten to know each other enough? I think not...

Felix- you probably don't hear this said enough:

THANK YOU!!!

Wish I was able to do what you are doing...but, alas, Uncle Sam has no use for someone that can't walk at least a mile with that pack on...
Old 07-31-2002, 03:47 PM   #40
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

Quote:
It gets up to 46c here in summer & you get tanned through your clothes. My neigbour had some British visitors a couple of years ago, they spent their first day on the beach in 40c, that night in hospital with heatstroke, then the next 2 weeks inside watching their skin peel off.
46c = what, 90-100F?