Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-31-2001, 10:44 PM   #1
Iron Homunculus
Welcomed New User

Maybe I suck at BG2 but I've died 5 times already; annihilated. I died twice in the prison, Twice at the Mithrest Inn fighting the dwarf and his friends.
Died in the sewer at the Temple district, Only place I didn't die was at the circus tent.
Am I going to the wrong places? My party is around lvl 8.
Old 10-31-2001, 10:50 PM   #2
daeomer
Manshoon

The mithrest dwarf is a bit tough to fight when you are just starting out. You will learn lots of strategies as you continue to play. It really isn't that big a deal that you died. It forces you to learn the strategies that will make you a better player in the end!
Stick with it.

I would go to the Umar Hills and do the quest there. It is pretty easy to do as one of your first adventures.
Old 10-31-2001, 10:50 PM   #3
Guk73
Dungeon Master

What character type are you playing with?
If you're a mage, maybe you just dont have the brute force necessary to win some battles.

I've only played using fighters for myself so I dont know how other classes fair in battle solo.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

------------------
The Lord of Murder Shall Perish....But Not If I Get To Them First...
Old 11-01-2001, 12:24 AM   #4
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Homunculus:
Maybe I suck at BG2 but I've died 5 times already; annihilated. I died twice in the prison, Twice at the Mithrest Inn fighting the dwarf and his friends.
Died in the sewer at the Temple district, Only place I didn't die was at the circus tent.
Am I going to the wrong places? My party is around lvl 8.

You don't suck. You're learning.. There's a difference.
The fight at the inn is fairly easy, you're main priority is to
take out the mage and his familiar FIRST. If they start casting
spells, you're done at early levels.

Tips:
Turn autopause to stop at end of round. (ALWAYS for tough fights)
Haste everyone, defensive harmony, bless, etc.
Step into the room with Jaheira..cast insect plague.
Cast fireball, then entangle, fireball, hold person. Stand back
and pick them apart.

------------------

Keeper of Lost Cause
Sazerac Artwork:Limited Edition #145 (Signed)
If things got any better, I'd be twins.
Old 11-01-2001, 12:29 AM   #5
mans
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If it makes you feel any better, I think I died many more times during the first few weeks of playing Baldur's Gate than in the later quests. You will keep on getting better, that I'm sure, otherwise, you wouldn't be able to advance much! Just imagine yourself as learning the ropes all the time, and trying to get better the next time around.

That's one of the geniuses about this game, it's also a very fun learning process. Keep it up!