Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 11-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#009999">I am looking forward to this movie and to reading the books. If the movie is good they will most likely follow up with Eldest. The trailor looks good.

http://www.eragonmovie.com/

</font>

[ 11-06-2006, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
bubbe
Zhentarim Guard

I am not looking forward to this movie!
I really hate when they make movies of good books!
Lotr was okey but.... harry potter... NO! really, why? I don't see any other reason then making money!

Even though I hate this, I will see this movie because I like fantasy movies but I don't think I like it.
But yeah! The trailer looks good.

Just my opinion! :| sorry about being negative!
Old 11-19-2006, 08:40 AM   #3
Marathon
Elminster

Just saw a preview last night - I'm looking forward to it. Read the books - they're a quick read, but good.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:37 AM   #4
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

I've learned to keep my hopes in the "average" level for book-to-movies. Last time I had high hopes... well, le'ts just say they were crushed to itty bitty pieces.

In any event, if it's awesome, then I would be totally surprised/excited. If it isn't... then I didn't build up my expectations, and it doesn't phase me.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:02 PM   #5
Thoran
Galvatron

Hard not to build hopes when you see what CAN be done when a Director is lovingly faithful to the story (Rings).

Personally I think the Potter movies are OK, enjoyable although far too short to do an adequate job for those of us who love the books (you could seriously make an argument that 2 movies per book are really required).

A Series of Unfortunate Events was one of the worst movies I've seen in a while, so I guess you can put that one down as a 'disappointment'.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:54 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Just finished listening to both Eragon and Eldest audiobooks. VERY good novels! Especially for a 17 year old! wow! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:17 PM   #7
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

saw the trailer at the weekend and thought i might try to get to this - looked ok and how many fantasy movies are there to see anyway?

i'd be interested in a review from the folks in the US mind
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:01 PM   #8
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
Hard not to build hopes when you see what CAN be done when a Director is lovingly faithful to the story (Rings).
Just for the record, Mr. Director had hopes to make a "one-on-one Aragorn vs Sauron" battle. As luck would have it, they couldn't put it in anywhere, as it would either be horribly out of place, or not true. They chose to have it not be "horribly out of place", though he was still sad he couldn't put it in...
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:33 PM   #9
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrvias:
Just for the record, Mr. Director had hopes to make a "one-on-one Aragorn vs Sauron" battle. As luck would have it, they couldn't put it in anywhere, as it would either be horribly out of place, or not true. They chose to have it not be "horribly out of place", though he was still sad he couldn't put it in...
Gnyah, thank heaven he's not doing the hobbit.

I'm really really hoping this is going to be good, we badly need another large budget D&D type film. I'm a little disappointed by the ads they're showing in the UK (seem to be different to the international ones) as there are several scenes that appear to be complete carbon copies of LOTR. For example, we have a white horse chased across a plain, surrounded in a semicircle by black horses chasing *cough* black riders *cough* and there were a few other scenes just like that.

I'm hoping its good, but I suspect there'll be too much hollywood cheese and LOTR copying for it to be as good as it could have been...
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:16 PM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

At first glace, did anyone else think it said "Dragon" ? I call it 'E-Dragon'.. heheh.. Yeh, I'm nuts.

[ 11-30-2006, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote