Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 01-04-2002, 06:37 AM   #1
Axil
Dungeon Master

I'm new to this forum, and there seems to be many, many clans..
Is there any reason to join one of these, except for the chatting?
I mean, is it like compulsory (sp)?
Thanks for any info [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2002, 06:41 AM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

No reason to join them, and you don't have to, they're just some small social clubs that do a bit of roleplaying and sometimes have a friendly dislike of each other.

I would recommend joining the ORT, it's the most active clan when it comes to RP'ing, or the HADB which is probably the biggest clan, and made up of overlords seeking world domination [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But you don't HAVE to join any clan.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 06:44 AM   #3
Axil
Dungeon Master

All right, I will definetly have a look at the clans you recommended [img]smile.gif[/img]
And don't think I don't want to join a clan, it's just that, at some of the forums I've been to before have had some "clan wars" and it was a must that you were a memeber of a clan..
Stupid if you ask me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2002, 06:46 AM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Well.... At one point one clan DID attack another, and another time I stole a prized diamond artifact from a clan, but it was all in good fun [img]smile.gif[/img]
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 09:53 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Axil:
I'm new to this forum, and there seems to be many, many clans..
Is there any reason to join one of these, except for the chatting?
I mean, is it like compulsory (sp)?
Thanks for any info [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm trying to figure out how we ended up with this many clans.

quote:
And don't think I don't want to join a clan, it's just that, at some of the forums I've been to before have had some "clan wars" and it was a must that you were a memeber of a clan..

That's not ever going to happen here, except maybe in roleplay. You're in safe hands.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 10:53 AM   #6
Axil
Dungeon Master

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

That's not ever going to happen here, except maybe in roleplay. You're in safe hands.

Hey, just found the quote button
Thank you very much, Memnoch, I'm really looking forward to know everybody here..
[img]smile.gif[/img]
As for the "clan problem", maybe we could have clan wars between the most recent ones, and the ones that lose, have to shut down..
Of course, there would have to be strict rules, and fair judges..
Old 01-04-2002, 11:51 AM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Axil:

Hey, just found the quote button
Thank you very much, Memnoch, I'm really looking forward to know everybody here..
[img]smile.gif[/img]
As for the "clan problem", maybe we could have clan wars between the most recent ones, and the ones that lose, have to shut down..
Of course, there would have to be strict rules, and fair judges..

Your idea has its merits, and I would like to see the Clans actually doing something, though at the moment all we have are primarily RPGs being played out. There is no real use for Clans, since everyone is having fun on the RPGs. Yet, some would disagree, as a Clan has a tight-knit family feeling, and so forth. So, that is a legitimate claim to keep them, if they are wanted.
We currently have 11 Clans and one trying to start up, but I think that some of the clans are innactive, and have no intentions to do anything in the future, so I am considering dropping them from the list if I do not hear from anyone soon.
The idea of clan wars completely destroyng the existance of another clan is cool, in my personal opinion. But, who would be considered a fair judge? Nobody.
Who could come up with a set of rules that have no gaps or leaks? Nobody.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 01:10 PM   #8
Lord Shield

There will be no inter-clan flaming.

I am LordShield, Dark General of the Ironworks Peace-Keeping Force. Make trouble, and you shall suffer the wrath of my magic pants

or something like that
Old 01-04-2002, 11:11 PM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Since ur new, and as of yet, clan free, I will welcome u into being my first recruit for the Order of Merlin. U can sign up just by sending me a PM or putting ur name down in the recruting thread here in RP, If u do want to join that is.

I would also recomend reading the recruitment thread if u want to sign up, because it will tell u alot about the clan (or order or whatever) and will give u more reason to sign up (or not sign up) than this post.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 12:24 AM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Axil, you don't HAVE to join anything to roleplay here. The clans have just seemed to grown in numbers and I'm not sure that's a good thing at the moment. But as long as the 'feuds' stay in roleplay, I don't mind. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Welcome to Ironworks! Welcome to the Role Play Forum! Have fun, join in and ask questions if you have them! I'll be posting some general forum guidelines shortly!

Cloudbringer