Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2001, 10:16 PM   #1
Tim Tam
Dungeon Master

Step 1. Have a skald or enhanced song bard in your party (or 2 or more)
Step 2. Wear Vhailor's Helm and cast simulacrum
Step 3. Have the bard and simulacrum cast mislead
Step 4. Have the bard, the simulacrum and the 2 illusions sing the bard song
Step 5. Have fun with +16 to hit, damage and AC (plus the immunities and +20 magic resistance if enhanced) for the ENTIRE party.

I think this tops the off hand weapon Melfs Minute Meteors exploit

(I hope Im not reposting a known exploit. btw after discovering this Im going to play as a half-orc fighter/thief now, too tempting for my fragile willpower to play a bard)
Old 10-02-2001, 10:42 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Thank you, Tim Tam, for the tip! I'm sure some of the few, challenged here , appreciate the time you took to devote your wisdom with the rest of us. I, personally would like to thank you, as tips can only help!
Old 10-02-2001, 10:56 PM   #3
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

thank you Tim... your help will be greatly appreciated, of course!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-02-2001, 11:31 PM   #4
Baron Nocturna
Dungeon Master

The Skald is WAY too powerful IMO. +1 to hit and damage and the bard song from hell? Why bother being a standard bard? Plus the fact that I have a 19th level Skald while the nest closest level in my party is 14 speaks volumes. Heck, he is a better MAGE than my best one currently. The identify is super nifty PLUS the bard quest is super fun. LOVE the skald...

Baron Nocturna

------------------
Anyone care to see my Rod of Lordly Might?
Old 10-03-2001, 12:17 AM   #5
Thrawn
The Magister

bard are better mage in general than some *ahem* mages in the game but they cap out at level 6's so if you want 7's 8's and 9's then get a real mage like edwin, now that's what i call serious mage, i mean at the max he has i think 7 or 8 level 9 spells, might not seem like much but that's like a couple timestop, improved alarcity, and energry blade, and so on CHAIN CONGUGRITY the best spell imho!!!!

i liked the blade's offensive/defensive stance early in the game but onice he got his stone skin enmass he never needed to use it untill i hited watchers's keep in the non magic room i needed it and it saved my ares. heh hmm i'm thinking of next trying another party but this time have a skald as one of the npc, i might mod haris dude to a skade and fix that freaking low health

lol i keep the stat count the same, i don't go 25 everything, i just move around the points from skills that are useless imho to soemthing more better like more con!
Old 10-03-2001, 03:37 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Actually, I have mentioned about using the Misled to sing the Bard Song already, but do you mean to say that the Bard Songs effects can stack?

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 10-03-2001, 07:58 AM   #7
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Tam:
Step 1. Have a skald or enhanced song bard in your party (or 2 or more)
Step 2. Wear Vhailor's Helm and cast simulacrum
Step 3. Have the bard and simulacrum cast mislead
Step 4. Have the bard, the simulacrum and the 2 illusions sing the bard song
Step 5. Have fun with +16 to hit, damage and AC (plus the immunities and +20 magic resistance if enhanced) for the ENTIRE party.

I think this tops the off hand weapon Melfs Minute Meteors exploit

(I hope Im not reposting a known exploit. btw after discovering this Im going to play as a half-orc fighter/thief now, too tempting for my fragile willpower to play a bard)
If this works then it is indeed a cool bard trick. Keep in mind, though, that one would have to have ToB installed and the bard would have to be high enough level to gain the "Use ant Item" special ability, as otherwise bards can't use helmets.

------------------
Proprieter of IW's finest dining establishment, KFA (a.k.a. Kentucky Fried Avariel). It's finger lickin' good!!