Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-18-2002, 06:51 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Anyone heard about it yet? Just saw news footage on TV about it. It's an incredible yet terrible sight! No smoking volcano this one, it is exploding fire and lava everywhere! Total chaos with everyone running for their lives. I sure hope everyone is able to escape, unfortunately most of them are on foot

Here's a link from ABC, no pictures though yet:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/world...ngo020118.html

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-18-2002, 07:02 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, those poor people! I hope they can make it to safety. It sounds like several have already died in the infernos, and then what of the 300,000 that have escaped? There will have to be shelter for them, food...

Volcanos are not to be trifled with. Magma literally consumes everything that is in its path. If it's only 2.5 miles away from that other town, that means they are already feeling the heat from it. It is relentless, and although it it made of molten rock and fire, it is by no means slow. It takes some going to get out of its way.

I'll keep a check on more details. Thanks, LadyZ, for alerting us about this.

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-18-2002, 07:03 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Found a site with a video:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/World/...blic_of_Congo/

Go to the left hand side and click under VIDEO, the first one.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-18-2002, 07:07 PM   #4
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

I just saw it Lady Z. That area is going to be needing our thoughts and prayers my friends. Part of our world tonight.
Old 01-18-2002, 08:16 PM   #5
andora20
Manshoon

This is the second natural disaster to happen to these poor people in recent months, I heard that there was an Ebola virus outbreak in the region also. What did these poor people do to diserve that?
Old 01-18-2002, 08:42 PM   #6
Durwyn
Elminster

Well.. There goes nature acting up again... My prayers go out for those out there .
Old 01-18-2002, 10:00 PM   #7
Galadria1
Zhentarim Guard

Poor Africa! What with disese, civil war, AIDS, Ebola virus, masscres, mutilations, and all, it's a wonder that there's anybody left alive. My prayers are with them tonight.
Lady Galadria, a proud Cavalier of Keldorn\'s Order; Oh So Simple Marshmallow Woman of the ORT. Member, HADB<br /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" -Saki<br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society