Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-13-2001, 02:25 AM   #21
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
I understand, and I agree, Ranger. I just can't fight right now.

don't fight us, Liliara, I am really tired tonight... sigh, sorry

but there is always room for comfort and caring!

"It gives me a great deal of comfort to know that my son may have been able to avert the killing of many, many innocent people," she said.

sigh, such words... but there is simply no more tears in me, no more angers, just remorse, and fire of vengence!

I will say something to myself from now on, whenever I get up, I will say this to myself, and before I go to bed, I will say it to myself, and I will say this to myself every second, every minute, every day, every time I have concious, over and over until it becomes true:

we WILL catch the little punks!!!!

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old 09-13-2001, 02:29 AM   #22
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by KHaN:
I respect your opinion on this matter but I must disagree with you. We didn't get into this because we are sliping as christians, we are in this because the radicals that did this horrible act don't like our views as Americans.

Perhaps, thats jsut not the way I see it..Now I am not saying that if we wear religous as we wear 300 years ago that we would not have somthing like this on our hands, I am saying I dont think it would be as bad if we still helt god as close to our hearts as we did then.

I think thats what I mean anyway

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon
Old 09-13-2001, 02:32 AM   #23
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
Feel free to delete, or if you request I'll delete my own comment on missionary work, and then this one. like it never happened

Thank you G'kar, but it seems there isn't a need yet.

250, thank you!

I just don't have anything left right now. Tomarrow's another day. I'm sure we will have our chances to vent. But right now.... I just can't.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else. But from that day forward, mothers would tell their kittens that if they were not good, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him.
Old 09-13-2001, 02:32 AM   #24
G'kar

I am officially bowwing out of this...Liliara, I hope you, and all of us find the strength and wisdom to keep love in our hearts in this trying time. I too believe in forgivness, and while I feel great anger now, I will search my soul for it in the times to come. Peace.
Scott

Old 09-13-2001, 02:35 AM   #25
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
I am officially bowwing out of this...Liliara, I hope you, and all of us find the strength and wisdom to keep love in our hearts in this trying time. I too believe in forgivness, and while I feel great anger now, I will search my soul for it in the times to come. Peace.
Scott
That's all any of us can do G'kar. Thank you, again.

------------------

LH Member

General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else. But from that day forward, mothers would tell their kittens that if they were not good, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him.
Old 09-13-2001, 03:16 AM   #26
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:

Perhaps, thats jsut not the way I see it..Now I am not saying that if we wear religous as we wear 300 years ago that we would not have somthing like this on our hands, I am saying I dont think it would be as bad if we still helt god as close to our hearts as we did then.

I think thats what I mean anyway
Yes you make your point well known and I thank you for it. Well at least one things for sure GRanger, we still live in a land where two people can disagree on something and one won't be shot for his/her beliefs by their goverment. They (the terrorists) can destroy our buildings and kill our fellow Americans but they cannot erase our Constitution or our American laws & morals. I think the biggest thing they did was piss us off and brother that was a VERY bad idea!!!

------------------

"Heads are gonna roll..."

[This message has been edited by KHaN (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old 09-13-2001, 03:27 AM   #27
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by KHaN:
Yes you make your point well known and I thank you for it. Well at least one things for sure GRanger, we still live in a land where two people can disagree on something and one won't be shot for his/her beliefs by their goverment. They (the terrorists) can destroy our buildings and kill our fellow Americans but they cannot erase our Constitution or our American laws & morals. I think the biggest thing they did was piss us off and brother that was a VERY bad idea!!!

Right on brother!

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon
Old 09-13-2001, 03:40 AM   #28
HisDivineShadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree with both Ranger and KHaN. However, I must clarify.
I feel the American people have stagnated. Through indolence and debauchery, most Americans have lost touch with the ideals of virtue and honor (especially high school kids and other youths. I'm in high school, so I have a pretty clear perspective). We should, as a nation, be more introspective. Much more. Philosophy and religion are, to me, very important. This is one of the reasons that so many foreign peoples hold grudges against America.
Everyone tends to think of Americans as indolent and frivolous, and in WWII the Japanese spread propoganda of the lack of control Americans possess. Sadly, these points have been proven with the monumental instances of racism and intolerance. Our lack of empathy for people other than our own also adds to this.
This is certainly a terrible event, but at least we have finally come together and become more enlightened as a whole. Pity that such a catharsis comes at such a cost.

------------------
"I am His most Divine Shadow."
Old 09-13-2001, 04:00 AM   #29
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by HisDivineShadow:
I agree with both Ranger and KHaN. However, I must clarify.
I feel the American people have stagnated. Through indolence and debauchery, most Americans have lost touch with the ideals of virtue and honor (especially high school kids and other youths. I'm in high school, so I have a pretty clear perspective). We should, as a nation, be more introspective. Much more. Philosophy and religion are, to me, very important. This is one of the reasons that so many foreign peoples hold grudges against America.
Everyone tends to think of Americans as indolent and frivolous, and in WWII the Japanese spread propoganda of the lack of control Americans possess. Sadly, these points have been proven with the monumental instances of racism and intolerance. Our lack of empathy for people other than our own also adds to this.
This is certainly a terrible event, but at least we have finally come together and become more enlightened as a whole. Pity that such a catharsis comes at such a cost.

I am tired of ths. America is a young country. Stop comparing it to countries much older. We will learn what we need to. In the mean time, stand for the country we live in, and stop romanticizing those in which we don't. No offence to our allies.

To the younger Americans here, the future of this country will look upon us as history. Do you want to be looked at by our children as the ones who put America down? I wasn't there, but sometimes what I hear about the Flower Children, and how they saw this country, it makes me sick. I don't want MY kids to see me that way.

On the subject of this being a young country, how many of the countries around the world started off as cultured and deeply philosphical as they are now? I also deeply disagree when you say we are dishonorable. Maybe I would have agreed 3 days ago, but not now. When will you join us?

As for racism, when was the last time you visited Africa to see what it really is? I as well as many of my countrymen, are tired of hearing of the difference in skin color because we no longer see it. It is a characteristic, like blonde hair or blue eyes.

Give America a chance! For a toddler, I'd say we are doing pretty good.

------------------

LH Member

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old 09-13-2001, 04:03 AM   #30
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

BTW, does anyone pay attention when someone says that this is a comfort thread?
Now I've been forced to strain my poor brain! Sorry if last post has spelling errors. Been up for two days.

------------------

LH Member