Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2001, 09:21 PM   #21
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Can one of you Simpson's fans verify this for me if you remember it.
There was an episode where Lisa asked Bart "If you had a band, what would you call it?"
Bart's answer, "Smashmouth!"

This was long before the band "Smashmouth" made it big and I have always been curious if that Simpson's episode was where they got their band's name.
Not that we could verify that, but am I correctly remmebering that conversation between Lisa and Bart?

Thanks,
Moni

Sorry Moni,

I don't remember that particular line, and don't know anything about the band.

Up to the top you go, Simpsons Thread, so Moni can get an answer (and because the Simpsons are awesome.)

------------------
trux
Old 07-25-2001, 10:48 PM   #22
Moni

LOL trux! Thanks.

Editing this because I am an idiot At the link I posted below, through the "backstage" link, you can get sample audio and video files of the bands single releases and check out various pics of them at events like the MTV Video awards.

Wow, look how short this post got!

Here is the link to their site;
Smashmouth

I think Bart would be proud.

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 07-26-2001).]

Old 07-25-2001, 11:32 PM   #23
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Moni

Tried to do a search for "smashmouth" and "bart band" on a couple of Simpsons sights and turned up no results?!?

Try a Simpson's forum, there are plenty out there

Another of my favorites:

Homer (and I can't remember who else) are stranded on a raft at sea and a plane goes over and Homer stands up and starts yelling "We're saved" and then he shoots off the signal flare and it blows up the plane I laughed my ass off with the classic "DOH"

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Old 07-25-2001, 11:47 PM   #24
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Moni

Tried to do a search for "smashmouth" and "bart band" on a couple of Simpsons sights and turned up no results?!?

Try a Simpson's forum, there are plenty out there

Another of my favorites:

Homer (and I can't remember who else) are stranded on a raft at sea and a plane goes over and Homer stands up and starts yelling "We're saved" and then he shoots off the signal flare and it blows up the plane I laughed my ass off with the classic "DOH"

Hmmm, well I am hoping the conversation I quoted was too insignificant to be posted. The episode, I believe, revolved around Lisa and her sax.
Dang, I guess I'll have to tune in to re-runs to make sure I wasn't hearing things LOL!
Thank you!

Moni

------------------

Old 07-26-2001, 12:14 AM   #25
Moni

To heck with watching all those old Simpson's again!
I went to the very link I posted and sent an e-mail to every band member, subject "Did your band get its name from a Simpson's episode?" asking,
"Years before you guys got air time, I could swear I had seen an episode of the Simpson's where Lisa asked Bart "so if you had a band, what would you call it?"
His answer, "Smashmouth!"
this has been driving me nuts for years, I finally had to ask now that I can.
Great group you have by the way. : )
Thanks,
Monique"

Think I'll get an answer?!
They better not make me watch all those old episodes to find out!

Moni

------------------

Old 07-26-2001, 12:17 AM   #26
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Cool Moni

You will probably get an answer, but I think on all those 'fan' sites, they have hired workers that answer the emails. You will probably get something like "Yeah dudette, we did get our bodacious name from the Simps"

Keep us posted

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Old 07-26-2001, 12:28 AM   #27
trux

Good idea Moni, I probably would have never thought of the direct path like that.

I wanna know now, too.

------------------

a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 07-26-2001, 05:54 AM   #28
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Sorry I can´t help you with your smashmouth, Moni. Does anyone know where to get some lyrics of those great Simpsons musicals(I´m checkin´in...or sth like that)? Btw, thanks for posting so much. I knew you´d love them as much as I do.

------------------
-UCANTZEECALIFORNIAWITHOUTMARLONBRANDOSEYEZ-
Old 07-26-2001, 08:34 AM   #29
Donut
Jack Burton

Favourite line from the episode with Mark Hamill.

'Use the forks Luke, use the forks!'

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 07-26-2001, 09:41 AM   #30
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Cool Moni

You will probably get an answer, but I think on all those 'fan' sites, they have hired workers that answer the emails. You will probably get something like "Yeah dudette, we did get our bodacious name from the Simps"

Keep us posted

Well fortunately, the link I posted isn't a fan site but the actual band's site (Smashmouth.com) however, you would think them too busy to answer their own mail. We'll see, one of them may come through. I may even get five different answers from each one of their official mail elf's too LOL!
Will definitely keep you posted if anything arrives from any of them.

Moni

------------------