Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-18-2003, 09:41 PM   #1
Spirits forever

IS there a way to prevent time stop????sooo annoying....can't do anything!!!!!
Old 07-18-2003, 09:44 PM   #2
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

Hit the caster hard to disrupt the spell sequence...
Old 07-18-2003, 09:53 PM   #3
Spirits forever

but how will i know if he is casting the spell...and is there a way to kill the lich before he uses this???
Old 07-18-2003, 10:18 PM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Spirits forever:
but how will i know if he is casting the spell...and is there a way to kill the lich before he uses this???
You don't know if he is casting this, but you can disrupt it. Use your normal mage disruption means (hacking them, hitting them with (enchanted) arrows, etc.). Fast weapons make a difference here.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 10:25 PM   #5
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Just a question; is there anything that will always disrupt a mage's casting sequence?
Old 07-18-2003, 10:29 PM   #6
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Nope. With the proper spell layerings/pre-buffs, a Mage can virtually ensure that their Time Stop won't be interrupted. What you can do is watch the Time Stop animation that the Lich uses when it casts it. Then, whenever you see it, run out of the Lich's view. Sure, some of them won't be real Time Stops, but better safe than sorry. I'm assuming that you aren't talking about the Improved Lichs.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 11:06 PM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
99% of the time if a lich is casting time stop it's a contingency, sequencer or trigger, and cannot be stopped.
I wonder though what would happen if someone were immunized to the spells school?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 11:08 PM   #8
Spirits forever

nope i'm not talking about the improved ones...i think i am talking about the shade lich that you can fight when doing the quest for getting the artifact to destroy the beholder...(cult of the eyeless)
another question when fighting the lich...i kill one and poof anothe one appears ...wut is going on?i keep on killing and more keep coming..kinda like the energizer bunny..lol
Old 07-18-2003, 11:16 PM   #9
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
99% of the time if a lich is casting time stop it's a contingency, sequencer or trigger, and cannot be stopped.
Nope. I've never seen a Time Stop come out of a lich's contingency or sequencer retinue. Now, Improved Mantle/Spell Trap/PfE, yes, followed by a Time Stop.

Spirits, liches tend to do two things during time stops. They either cast Protection from Evil, Time Stop, Meteor Swarm, and Gate, or they cast Time Stop and Symbol: Fear, Stun, and/or Death. In regards to the former, if you can take on a lich, you can take on a pit fiend. [img]smile.gif[/img] Get everyone out of the Meteor Swarm, or at least the characters taking heavy damage if you can't get everyone out, and have your melee fighters pound on the pit fiend while your ranged support and spell casters work on the lich's defenses. In regards to the latter, if your characters get Symboled, cast Remove/Resist Fear or Free Action, whichever one works, and try again.

And if you're not having any luck, you can always reload and try again later. [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: The lich is casting Mislead. What happens is your party is attacking an illusionary clone of the lich, while the real lich is invisible and no doubt laughing its undead butt off. True Sight, Dispel Magic, Detect Invisibility, and a thief with a good Detect Illusions rating can dispel the Mislead.

[ 07-18-2003, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Pirengle ]
Old 07-18-2003, 11:32 PM   #10
spydar

what about the spell Miscast magic??