Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-11-2001, 08:55 AM   #1
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Okay, I killed the shadow dragon finally!!! With my level 14 scorceress, but it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. (reloaded five times.) I was level 14 with about 20000 exp way from level 15 but I was determined to beat the dragon. I forgot certain vital things when fighting a dragon, like dragon fear (relaod, cast resist fear on myself) dragons like to cast death spell on summoned creatures (reload, forget that idea) dragons LOVE to wing buffet.
This is what I did:
I was invisible to the dragon due to the ward stone. I cast stoneskin, mirror image, and mislead. I then cast lower resistance and the dragon went hostile. I was immune to the dragon breath due to the amulet of power so I didn't worry about that. The dragon wing buffeted me, so I got back up and cast another lower resistance while it made lunch out of me misleaded figure. Then I cast greater malison on the dragon between wing buffets and recasting stonekin and mirror image, and mislead. Then I cast spook. The dragon got scared of little old me. I picked up a wand of lightning in the dungeon so I let loose with it and magic missles. The spook ran out!!! The dragon's magic resistance came back,oops!!! I cast lower resistance again. Then I cast blind and it worked!!! By this time I was running out of damaging spells but a few magic missles later I killed the dragon!!! I had to reload once when I blinded the dragon because if you don't kill him soon enough he will cast heal on himself arrrrgh!!!! I guess maybe I got lucky!!! The worst thing was that I had sequenced three flame arrows earlier and I completely forgot!!! Doh!!!!!! Hope I didn't leave anything out, but this was basically it.
Old 11-11-2001, 08:58 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

congrates [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2001, 09:18 AM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

Woah, you beat a dragon solo with a mage!!!!!!!!?????????!?!?!?!!? Awesome, solo guys just rock.
Old 11-11-2001, 09:57 AM   #4
Aurum
Manshoon

Bravo!!, fine, well, I kill him with my Paladin but, with socerer, nor idea, really me congratulations.
Old 11-11-2001, 10:33 AM   #5
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Fuzzy Animal,

Way to go. I had the same problem with the summons as well as the resist fear trick. Spook was what worked for me too. Going after Firkraag yet? I think I'm going to sometime today.

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: Mitro Jellywadder ]

Old 11-11-2001, 01:18 PM   #6
Euronymous
Elite Waterdeep Guard

With my solo mage. Fiirkraag Tactics:

summon x 5 skeletal warriors
haste
cast lower resistanse x 2
run away out off eyesight
he wing buffets skeletons, no matter thay attack again,
later you x 2 (or 1) greater malison him, and then just pound him to smithereens with abi dalzims, or if not possible, magic missile, death fog, cloudkill.....etc...etc...etc.....

He died after my second try
Old 11-11-2001, 01:23 PM   #7
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Ahh..I will have the unfair benefit of Time Stop. I don't believe poor Mister F. is gonna stand much of a chance this time. I'm gonna see just how fast I can dispatch him.
Old 11-11-2001, 03:11 PM   #8
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Just remembered one thing. I cast spell immunity for protection from enchantments. Shadow dragon likes to cast greater malison followed by confusion.
Old 11-11-2001, 03:13 PM   #9
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Mitro Jellywadder:
Fuzzy Animal,

Way to go. I had the same problem with the summons as well as the resist fear trick. Spook was what worked for me too. Going after Firkraag yet? I think I'm going to sometime today.

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: Mitro Jellywadder ]

I'll tackle Firkraag when I'm 16th level, I just need spell trigger.

Old 11-11-2001, 04:46 PM   #10
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, if you have Yoshimo at this point, no one ever seems to notice how good his traps can be.
While you have the wardstone set as many as you can right in front of him, then go through the rest until he's hostile, let him walk through, and each one did about 15-25 damage if I remember correctly.#
Me= level 20 coming on 21 at the moment, and now I can stop time, then dragons breath 5 times... they don't really stand chance do they