Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I had ordered like five things from Amazon.com on March 1st, and all were pre-order. I had misunderstood their policy on shipping since I selected to have all items shipped "Free Shipping", which takes longer, but its free. Some of the items I ordered became available on Tuesday, and some will not be available until the first week of April. What I had misunderstood is that on Free Shipping, I have to wait until all items are ready to ship, and that meant waiting until mid-April for everything including the things that are ready now.

If I would have known, I'd have just made two orders, one for March and one for April...and I would have still qualified for free shipping.

However, I e-mailed their CS, because I had heard Clark Howard say that they are one of two top companies in the US for great Customer Service (for their size, compared to other large-scale companies). My bet paid off.

Not only did the guy explain to me why my packages were going to take until April, he made the exception for me and released the two I should have now...upgrading them to two-day delivery (instead of two weeks), and the other items that are due in April will also be given a two-day delivery note, free of charge!

That, my friends, is good CS. It was my mistake, yet not only did he explain their written policy that I had failed to understand,,,he upgraded my shipping speed for free on all items, not just the ones that I wanted this month.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yeah, you like to see stuff like that from the major companies. It shows that they know how they got that way.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:50 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I've always had good customer service at Amazon.com. Glad to know they are doing it on a regular basis!
Old 03-09-2006, 10:00 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Smart move. What does it cost -- an additional 5-10 bucks? How much advertising or good will could they buy for that?

Priceless.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:32 PM   #5
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

yeah i order stuff from amazon all the time, and they are always way faster than i expect on everything. I have a to say i am a huge fan of the company. I've never had a need to deal with their CS but its nice to know that should I have to, they are awesome.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:05 AM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Being treated well, when the company need not do so, but particularly when they are at fault and they should do something for you, makes such a huge difference. It's a shame that it is so rare that when you do experience quality service it has to be remarked upon with surprise. So often companies just give you the run-around, don't follow through on promises made, have call centre operators who can't give you adequate information, etc. Even simple things, like I have had dealings with two companies recently where I had to have people come out to my house to do stuff and both times I asked for a phone call before they arrived so I would know to expect them since they could only give me a half-day window in which to expect them, and neither time did the people bother. For one company I was told when I asked that of course, it's policy to call! And it's something that is so small and insignificant for the person coming, and in fact for one guy it was necessary, because he was swapping something over for me and if I wasn't there he would have completely wasted his time, and yet it wasn't done.

And huh, the good service is paying off - here you are telling us all about it which makes us feel positively about Amazon.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #7
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

D'oh! You shoulda told me this a month back!

I woulda done the same thing at Amazon.co.uk, so my cds arrived at my grandad's house in time for my dad to bring them back. Now I have to wait until the end of April, for my mum to go back to my grandad's and come home again. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2006, 10:03 AM   #8
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Yeah Amazon.co.uk is cool as well. I buy all my CDs from there.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Vaskez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:30 AM   #9
Marathon
Elminster

Yup - once I received a wrong order form them - instead of cd's I got a package of sports videos. When I called them I got my cd's two days later and they let me keep the video's, no questions asked.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I love Amazon, and have used it for years now. (Ordered the Forgotten Realms books) and some DVDs because even with shipping, its still cheaper--especially hardcover books. compare 27.00 to 15.00! NICE!

Glad CS is good, never had to use it yet. Sucks that most CS is outsourced to India now. (It wouldn't be a problem if we could understand the CS rep).

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote