Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2000, 01:13 AM   #21
Khellendros

In reply to Gunner:

Most dwarves think nothing of making use of their headin battle but I think you are refering to Thibbledorf Pwent, the battlerager. Other dwarf names you might not know are; of course Bruenor Battlehammer, Gandalug patron of the Battlehammer Clan and General Dagna. The latter from Citadel Adbar, his clan name is not given.

Old 12-05-2000, 01:22 AM   #22
Mantis

MANTIS i think would be a good name for a monk, becuase the praying mantis style of kung fu is the most furious and aggressive. so its quite fitting.

other names i like to use are:

Qualen (it means to torment... apparently)
Talion (sounds elven to me)
Sagaath
Azeroth (ever played warcraft? u should)

Old 12-05-2000, 03:50 PM   #23
Magnus Magnificent

I just found this very interesting thread and I wonder if anyone knows..... I have played a Paladin named Magnus since the mid '70s. I have since found NPCs referred to in the Might and Magic series and Daggerfall named Magnus. I made the name up as a combination of Magnificent and Glorious and liked the tough sound.
My question: Is it a real name? Where does it come from?

Old 12-05-2000, 04:04 PM   #24
littlemage

i always use the same name for my charecters: Lycan Silvershard , It doesnt mean anything(i think) i just like the sound of it.took me a whole day to think of it.

Magnus is a real name, theres a bloke on mastermind called magnus magnusson. I thinks its nordic,swedish maybe.

Old 12-05-2000, 04:08 PM   #25
Magnus Magnificent

Littlemage,
Thanks. I was wondering if one of my old friends had started writing games! Now that I know it's a real name, one more question;
What is Mastermind?

Old 12-05-2000, 04:12 PM   #26
littlemage

mastermind is a show in britain where the knowledge of the contestent is tested, on subjects such as dog-worming and kinships of royal famlies.

Old 12-05-2000, 04:46 PM   #27
Magnus Magnificent

Littlemage,
Excellent. We have a show in the U.S. that follows that very same subject line. No...wait a minute...I think it's cat-juggling to electro-shock therapy.

Old 12-05-2000, 05:06 PM   #28
draconia

Hi everyone!! I get a Dancing Dragons catalog and there is where I got the names for my characters. My male thief is named Vladdigor and my female thief/mage is named Shannara. I really love dragons and so I decided to use these names. So it is going to be hard for me to fight dragons in BG2 but if I have to, I have to.

Old 12-05-2000, 05:32 PM   #29
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Here are some name suggestions from Arabia:
Female:
Bilqis - the actual name of the Queen of Sheba
Alia
Samira
Ibtisam

Male:
Ahmed
Mustafa
Mujahid (it means 'holy warrior')
Rashad
Khalid (I know, it was the name of Jaheira's husband... but he's dead now ;o)

There are many many more of course, but this is a start.
I'm glad this thread was started because it can be an issue when I'm creating a new character.
Thanks!
Old 12-05-2000, 11:01 PM   #30
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Melusine, if u read this, this was a really good thread to start! You can try to mix and match names from Greek mythology and elvenize them with an elvish sounding surname. EG Ares Stormglade, Apollo Cloudhair, Athena Starwoman...(wait, NO!! I didn't mean to type that!!!!) AAAAHHHH!!!!

(All the Aussies reading this will know and berate me for my error........)