Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 12-05-2006, 07:19 PM   #11
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Any links to this patch? Or is there an update button for it in the game? (I can't recall cause I haven't played it in almost a week cause its so slow and I'm not really having fun). I tried to go to the official site, clicked on downloads, but saw nothing there.
I encourage you to stick with it. This patch does give a large boost. Also read this guide that Memnoch posted for NWN2 throughly, and it may just solve your problems.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...c;f=7;t=003781
Old 12-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #12
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Thanks Micah! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'll give the patch a shot SpiritWarrior, but I'm not much of a PC expert, so all that tweaking stuff gets a bit complicated for me.

Well off to patch up. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-05-2006, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:17 AM   #13
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well I got some improvement, however, since I wasn't to much of a fan of the full effects my computer spat out at default when I first tried the game last Sunday (yepp, been sitting on this one until the good news started to arrive ) I found it to be a grotesque candycane green illumination that felt like a bad hangover I had during my armydays. After turning off the in my opinion too many lightsources and over the top bloom effects and adjusting the normal interface I had good framerates and playable game no problem. With this patch I could increase some of the goodies and still have a smooth camera and running handliing.

I see that they haven't fixed the extremly annoying jumping shadows yet :S. This is however quickly fixed with turning shadows to drop shadows on characters and massive increase in performance so I don't whine that much.

Much needed and appreciated two weapon fighting in quick bar! WHY o WHY not from start?

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #14
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

It is better with the latest patch for me on my end. Played a little bit tonight. [img]smile.gif[/img] It is faster and the camera movement also got waaay faster, I actually had to turn it down a bit on the edge of screen camera spin option LOL.

Oh and Yay! at not having to type in a save game title when replacing an already saved game. I thought it odd that you had to re-type your save game title to replace it rather than just click on a button that said Yes to override saved game.

It's been a week since I last played, and tonight it took me some time getting re-combobulated to where I was in the game and what I had to do next. I'm going to assume Johnny is correct when he said that money is no big deal at some point, easily, in the game, as many games are. Right now though it is I'm Broke City for me LOL. Why am I broke? Well, I didn't know that NPCs could pop back up after a fight, so I've spent a LOT of my money so far in my game on potions and healing kits (healing kits?! grrr). So my character and my party definitely do not have the greatest weapons and armor due to all the potion buying. Of course now I won't be buying potions to save NPcs now that I know the deal with the NPC regeneration deal, sheesh, I should have know, as NWNs1 did the same, they just got tossed to a building you had to traipse back to in order to get them back.

Anyway, I'm way behind what other people are probably at, who have actual money to buy armor and weapons and stuff LOL, who did not spend all on potions and healing kits like an idiot LOL. Ah well, I'm still in Chapter 1 so I hope whatever I do in Chapter 1 won't make any crucial differences in my overall game...? I'd hate to think anything in the first chapter would have a major effect on being able to win or not win the game in the end.

Either way, good patch! And I'm drunk, and going to bed now... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-06-2006, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:26 AM   #15
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I agree with you regarding the not having to type in the savegame name all the time. Really annoying.

Well, I am at the start, arguing with myself what character I want, the usual problem that is LOL!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #16
vesselle
Hathor

i just got a patch that updated 1.03 further. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2006, 12:36 PM   #17
paladinjs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I updated yesterday to ver. 103 and the game would not load after that. So I uninstalled then reinstalled and it worked fine.(ver 101) So I tried updating again (says ver. 105) and when I go to load the game it won't load. Any ideas?
paladinjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:11 PM   #18
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
It is better with the latest patch for me on my end. Played a little bit tonight. [img]smile.gif[/img] It is faster and the camera movement also got waaay faster, I actually had to turn it down a bit on the edge of screen camera spin option LOL.

Either way, good patch! And I'm drunk, and going to bed now... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LOL Yeah, the camera was WAY too fast for me after the patch. Like you had to slow it down. Oh yea, I'm still getting back to where I was when the game hit a show stopping bug in chapter 3 on the first go thru. Just started chapter 2.

Hope things weren't too fuzzy in the morning. lol

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:42 PM   #19
The.Relics Avatar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

vesselle, like our lovely LadyZ, I'm not much of a tech, so tweaking is something I would need help with.
But coming at this from a different perspective, there were some of us who couldn't play NWN2 at all because we have built in Intel laptop chipsets that NWN2 doesn't recognize as valid. SilverWing a dedicated member at the bioware forums has been working hard to find solutions for us. He found a work-around to get us in, but results in game were varied.
I reinstalled NWN2, updated, activated my work-around and so far, everything is running perfectly. Auto config even set me at max effects on nearly all options. So in my case as far as even being able to play, I would say the new patch is success.
Of course since I'm a newb at the game, I will no doubt start to grumble about things as I progress [img]smile.gif[/img]
The.Relics Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:37 AM   #20
Bumbus
Dungeon Master

How big is the file and is there someplace I can download it without using the update tool? The problem is when I use the tool it takes FOREVER and I usually get booted before it finishes. This causes me to have to re-dial and try again, which causes the tool to restart from the beginning. I have not been able to complete the download yet. If I can find a link to it I can use something like “getright”, so I don’t loose what I have gotten every time I get booted. I realize I am in the dark ages with a dial-up connection, but that’s all have. Thanks for any help.