Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-11-2005, 07:47 AM   #1
OLAF TRYGGRYSON
Dungeon Master

Hallo all, I am an Avid player of BGII and TOB but was looking to try out a new game. I just read that Neverwinter Nights will allow you to import PC's from BG. Is this true? I thought I heard awhile back that importing BG carachters did'nt work. Please advise, as this feature would be a big selling point for me. Thanks in advance.......
Old 04-11-2005, 08:00 AM   #2
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

It doesn't work.
The closest thing you could probably do is to make a similar character.

If you add the expansions on to NWN you are able to make very specific characters, like assassins, or druid shapeshifters...
Old 04-11-2005, 08:11 AM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

The big difference is the ruleset. BG is an adaptation to second edition rules, NWN uses modified third edition rules.
The main effect of that on your character is that you now have a fixed amount of points to spend on ability scores instead of rolling for them. You also have to take feats and skills instead of weapon proficiency points and HLA's. They're different things than that, besides.

The feature was originally intended as a selling point, but dropped along the way as it was just too incompatible.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:16 AM   #4
OLAF TRYGGRYSON
Dungeon Master

Oh, Well thanks Shadow Wolf. BTW are the NWN single player missions any good? I realize that the game is designed for multi-player on-line, which everyone says is awesome, but I would want to get my feet wet before I dive into that realm.....Thanks again
Old 04-11-2005, 08:42 AM   #5
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

It's ok, but not a patch on BG2 IMO. I found myself bored in much of the original campaign. People seem to rate the two expansions much better in terms of storyline but I never really got beyond Chapter 3 in SoU before online play caught my eye!
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:06 AM   #6
Legolas
Jack Burton

The OC wasn't bad or anything, it just appeared rather unimaginative. The HotU campaign was alright and had a few nice puzzles here and there, but the first expansion's campaign is the one I like best. Compared to the original it seemed much fresher and you had many more options open to you, and I've never been one for epic levels.

I've been playing the multiplayer game for about 2 years now, and it's still a lot of fun. Other than that, you have the community-designed modules. There are literally hundreds of them, and while I don't care much for the majority there is also a large amount of excellent modules to be found.
You can download any of those and extend the life and quality of the singleplayer mode by many, many hours.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:05 PM   #7
OLAF TRYGGRYSON
Dungeon Master

Thanks Legolas and All. I will purchase all three and give it a go. I will more than likely be popping in again for help I'm sure. I appreciate everyones feedback and help with my annoying newbie questions. Thanks again.