Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 03-04-2005, 11:14 AM   #51
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

If you have not already, feel free to head to Bioware's site and comment about the series on their Official Neverending Nights thread.

I think it'd be cool for people to show interest there, so Bioware can see that!

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-15-2005, 07:26 PM   #52
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Smiley

Well I have laid low bringing updates here because of our bandwidth woes. After being mentioned in the Bioware Newsletter, we tripled our bandwidth max (which was 80 gigs). So I haven't said much here, trying to let the bandwidth kind of even out. But... some updates...

The filming for Episode 9 is now also complete (but still needs to edited... naturally, after Episode 8 is edited... and speaking of Episode 8...)

Episode 8 is nearly complete, and will probably be available soon. It will probably be available off the mirror site exclusively for bandwidth purposes (for the time being, till we make it into next month).

Also, this weekend we recorded Episode 11... which Adam, Paul and myself all think that this will be a "fan favorite" for the series. And the best part? Episode 11 doesn't even really star Grayson... Peter... or Paul... but introduces three new "heroes" (if you will). I can not tell you how much fun we had recorded this episode...

We still need to film Episode 10 and 11... and that will put us ahead for a little while.

The reaction to us being in the Bioware Newsletter has been overwhelming! It's given us a ton more exposure (naturally if we have tripled our bandwidth limit of 80 gigs, right?)... And because of those bandwidth woes, we opened up a Neverending Nights Paypal account... where donations will go towards the website's bandwidth... recording studio equipment... etc etc.

Also if anyone is going to E3, look for us there! (Well, we won't have a booth... but Adam, myself and Chris [who plays Eric the Elongated in Episode 9]... and we're working on getting Paul [who plays, aduh, Paul the Dwarf] the pass we need - will be at E3 roaming around)! And if ye see us and wanan smack us, say hello, or whatever - feel free to!

Also thinking of opening up a Cafepress store as well... both for advertising purposes... and to make a dollar here and there - again all to pay for that crazy bandwidth.

Before - every day we averaged about 1 to 2 gigs... So the closest we ever really got was using about 65 gigs of 80gigs...

Since the Bioware Newsletter - our average seems to be sitting at 3 to 3.5 gigs every day... (So even if ye take 3 gigs x 30 days = 90 gigs - which still goes over our bandwidth)!

So we will probably be doing a few things when Episode 10 comes out...

1. We will cut it down to make it only 5 Episodes available for download, and we will rotate through them. (So for example, when we release Episode 10, probably Episodes 6 thru 10 will be available... then around Episode 15, it will be like Episodes 1 thru 4, plus Episode 15, etc etc).

2. We're going to offer low-res versions of the video. Because, let's face it - we don't have the mad following that folks like Rooster Teeth have. So not everyone is all into having Hi-Res versions of our videos. Some would be content - and probably more than happy, for that matter - to have low-res versions, as they just may wanna watch it and delete it (and this would provide quicker downloads).

So between low-res versions, limited videos available, mirror sites, paypal donations, and opening a NeN store soon... I am hoping that everything balances out.

Wonder who has done what voices (or who will be doing what voices in upcoming episodes) - check out the Cast & Credits link.

In the future (when Adam has the time since he's the PHP master, and I am the html master) - the link will be available from the main page!

Phew.

I think that's it for now.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:36 AM   #53
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Some pretty snazzy news...

Well, the Neverending Nights Store is now open!
Old 03-18-2005, 12:33 PM   #54
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Good luck with it! Hope it all evens out..I also think low/hi res versions are an excellent idea [img]smile.gif[/img]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:55 AM   #55
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Episode 8 "On Borrowed Gold..." is done! It should be available to the general mass this weekend. (Which is oh... like tomorrow). For some reason, there is a lot of audio feedback during the episode itself… Which I can’t figure out why. (Since later, it’s fine…)

But... with the magic of GoldWave...

The hissing sound “issue” that centered around Episode 8 is pretty much resolved. Because I know you guys want the best, and you expect the best, from the best - I couldn’t let Episode 8 go out the way it was sounding - lol. (Besides, since it’s the Episode that features my wife - she’d think I did it intentionally to use the hissing sound to cover up her “amazing” voice acting skills!) Anyway, I’d like to give special thanks to Market Pantry Orange Citrus Soda for keeping me company while I figured out how to fix the sound…

Also, if you’re a fan of the infamous “Map” - you should head into our online store. Plenty of surprises there. Also added a few more new shirts, with more to come!
Old 03-26-2005, 01:19 PM   #56
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ah! The time is at hand!

Episode 8: On Borrowed Gold (Right Click... SAVE AS...) is now available for download! Feel free to comment here, or head over to the Neverending Nights forum and comment in the Episode thread. Either way, would love to hear some feedback!
Old 04-06-2005, 04:01 PM   #57
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Smiley

Well, amazing what happens when Insomnia pays you a visit. In my restless hours last night, I found a way to compress the file size further creating a huge difference in file sizes for the Neverending Nights videos!

I went through and saved all the videos again! If you have already downloaded them, there's no real need to RE-download them. However, if you're new to Neverending Nights - this should be a considerable time saver and make our bandwidth (which suffered greatly last month!) very happy!

The changes...

Promo Video = From 25.8 Megs to 12.6 Megs!
Episode One = From 27.5 Megs to 7.46 Megs!
Episode Two = From 29.4 Megs to 6.6 Megs!
Episode Three = From 39.5 Megs to 9.1 Megs!
Episode Four = From 38.2 Megs to 10.7 Megs!
Episode Five = From 40.6 Megs to 11.8 Megs!
Episode Six = From 33.2 Megs to 8.9 Megs!
Episode Seven = From 74 Megs to 21.5 Megs!

I will be converting the Out Takes and SideQuests probably tomorrow, and updating the video page to show the new sizes of the files.

So head on over to Neverending Nights.com!
Old 04-06-2005, 06:17 PM   #58
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Ok, so episode 8 is my favourite episode so far - really funny! And nice and long too! And I loved the little reward at the end for watching the credits [img]smile.gif[/img] And the black & white film.

One slight comment - the sotto-voice could be a touch louder: I had to stick my speaker in my ear to make it out

Nice one, keep up the good work!
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 12:53 AM   #59
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Heya Sham! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hearing that Episode 8 is your favorite will make my wife happy (she plays Amiee the Armorer) - and will clearly think it's your favorite just because she was in it, and not because the incredible acting that Adam and I managed to pull off.

Okay.

Maybe it is because of her. (A guy at my work walked up to me after watching it and said, "Damn your wife has a hot voice.") LOL

But yes, the whisper came out muffled. This was because originally the sound got messed up and had a lot of feedback (which we never figured out why), but I used a program to clean up the noise - and it considered the "whisper" noise and reduced it to next to nothing. Future recordings should be free of such a problem as from Episode 9 and on, we moved to using a new mic and actually invested (well Adam did) in some recording equipment!

Also wanted to mention, while we edit Episode 9 - (might be slow, have Pawl the Dorf's bday party happening this weekend! So if you're on our forum, wish the little lad a bday wish!) - but in the meantime, we started doing some NeN wallpapers. Adam came up with a... um... creative one... I also made one - both are now available from our site with more to come in the future! Check it out here!
Old 04-11-2005, 09:54 PM   #60
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Episode 9: It's Not The Size (Right Click, SAVE AS...) is now available! 5:34 and weighing in at a mere 20 megs (man, it's nice to have reasonable size downloads now!), this episode introduces a new vendor to our heroes - Eric the Elongated, a weapons vendor...! So go on, download it, check it out, and then head into the forum and comment over here.