Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2003, 09:14 PM   #1
Blackice
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey anybody want to sell your Icewind Dale? I have a hybrid French version which is unpatchable. I have yet to save any villagers except sister Engenia(?). I cannot find any other captured villagers. Level 4 in Dragon' Eye is impossible to win without the captured villagers helping out. So anybody want to sell their CD's? Just send me an email instead of posting. Thanks if someone can help me out.

Ken
Blackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:43 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

There are patches for the French version of the game.

If you have Heart of Winter as well, go here.

If you do not have Heart of Winter, go here.

The French version of the Trials of the Luremaster can be found here too.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 02:56 PM   #3
Blackice
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The tech support team at Interplay told me to try to patch the French version, I did and the UK patch and the US patch. I get assertion errors in chitin with a bad key file. Uninstalling and re-installing does not change the problem. Tech support said this version might not be patchable. I cannot find any villagers except Sister Eugenia (?). Level 4 in Dragon's eye is imossible to win with the party of 6. If you try to take out the high summoner he has already called in trolls, lizardmen and the yuan-ti elite. I was hoping to find the door to level 5 and maybe scoot through there as I did against the Veerberg's. Thanks for responding to my post.

Ken
Blackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 06:01 PM   #4
Jizumonkey

Blackice, when you say the level is impossible do you literally mean it's impossible or just that it's too hard for you!

Spoiler>

>

>

>

>

>

>I did that level first time round by killing the librarian as i smelt a rat...you then get cornered by all of the above and I still completed the level without help from the captured adventurers. In my opinion thats a better way to go anyway as you get the exp. The alternative way to go is to not start the fight by not attacking any of the priests and get to the room where you discover them captured then the fight starts with them on your side!
The level is difficult admitedly (particularly the dining room) but you just have to use the tactic of fight then run and rest at the room where you find them and ask them to watch over you while you rest.