Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 12-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

A must read if you're having problems running it smoothly, that is. If you're running a quad-core 6Ghz beast with 6GB of RAM and an Nvidia 10780 with 4GB video ram like Crimsom, then reading is optional.

Click here for the Tweakguide

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

These tweak guides are usually exceptional. The Oblivion one was a godsend from the same site.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:52 PM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Do you know if they're coming out with an Oldblivion style thing for NWN2?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:06 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

This should be stickied. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:59 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Do you know if they're coming out with an Oldblivion style thing for NWN2?
Not that i've heard of. Don't let your hopes down, the official patch will have more fixes they say so you may yet get a performance increase. Odd the the beta did nothing for you, it gave me a general improvement. I take it you tried the tweakguide recommendations already? Pay close attention to the vsync part as that can be a killer.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:01 AM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I would advise people who want to use this Tweak Guide to be sure to check at the bottom of the page to see which version of the patch the listed tweaks are for, and check back with it when a new patch emerges. For example, the current tweaks apply to v.1.03.

Quote:

Note: This guide refers to the latest version of Neverwinter Nights 2 Version 1.03. Make sure to refer back to this guide often for updates.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:40 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I would advise people who want to use this Tweak Guide to be sure to check at the bottom of the page to see which version of the patch the listed tweaks are for, and check back with it when a new patch emerges. For example, the current tweaks apply to v.1.03.

quote:

Note: This guide refers to the latest version of Neverwinter Nights 2 Version 1.03. Make sure to refer back to this guide often for updates.
[/QUOTE]Excellent advice Larry. [img]smile.gif[/img] There are a number of *fixes* out there - including a SecureRom fix, that should be used with EXTREME caution. It is highly recommended that you backup any files that you alter using these tweaks and fixes as the autopatcher may NOT recognize your files as vali in the future. In order to use the autopatcher after you use these tweaks, you will be required to roll back to the pre-tweak state.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote