Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 09:51 PM   #1
elvenstar70
Welcomed New User

Question Mark

Hi I was wondering if it was possible to add new portraits to Icewind Dale.If so how and where do you place the new character pics?
elvenstar70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:49 AM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Yes I believe it's possible. I would give you some details but I dont have the game installed and am not even at home, but,

I believe it is all expalined in detail in the readme file. Check there.

And welcome to the forums
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
(hopefully you plan to stay long)
Old 05-19-2005, 07:35 AM   #3
Soothsayer
Dungeon Master

I had some problems when using custom portraits.
You can simply use youre own JPG files, but they need to be of the correct resolution (the game doesnt rescale them for you).

The problems I had concerned the loading and saving screens, when miniture versions of the portraits are displayed next to the saves. It seems that when importing a portrait, the game only checks to see if you have the full-size and the medium-size(seen in game)...NOT if you have the mini, load save portrait. Therefore, if this file is not avaliable (not sure even which directory the game checks in), the game simply crashed out whenever you try to view the load/save screen.

Although I remember only having IWD installed when trying this, HoW or other patches may have fixed this.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:27 AM   #4
NobleNick
Quintesson

elvenstar70,

Let me add my welcome. Nice to have you drop by.

Yes, it is possible to add portraits. If you surf the web a bit you should be able to find lots of ready to use art. (I found this site after 2 minutes of searching; and know, from previous searches, that there are lots more high quality portraits [and directions for making your own!] out there.)

I do not remember all of the details; but I do know that the biggest trick is to have all the protraits (IIRC, there are only 2 sizes needed, but I could be wrong) sized EXACTLY correctly: Not hard to do, but easy to overlook; and the results are disastrous if you don't do it exactly right.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:05 AM   #5
elvenstar70
Welcomed New User

Question Mark

Thanks Guys!Yea I checked the manual though I had to download it cause I bought the whole package that included Icewind Dale two,which did not include the orginal Icewind Dale manual for some odd reason....Yea I found some nice pics for game.Now I gotta get past the last part of Dragons eye.lol
elvenstar70 is offline   Reply With Quote