Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-20-2001, 11:43 PM   #21
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Ahhhh, but why wear a necklace to protect against Poison? When you can wear an amulet to boost your Magic Resistance? Or even better, wear the Amulet of Power to boost Magic Resistance and gain Level Drain Immunity.
Old 10-20-2001, 11:43 PM   #22
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

actually, a Cavalier can use ranged weapons. i have mine using Azuredge to make him a super-efficient paladin . just give him specialization in Axes, and he can use throwing axes extremely well!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Shadow Dragon of the DotW
Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-21-2001, 12:32 AM   #23
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
FLOYD, Do u mean PINK FLOYD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Answer me soon man.
no, just floyd

although pink floyd does rock.
Old 10-21-2001, 10:59 AM   #24
Skunk
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Synthos:
By the way,Skunk, you can cast dispel magic three times per day w/ carsomyr, which is the same as inquisitor's dispel magic ability, unfortunately there is casting time, which is why i have aerie with her super fast casting with the robe of venca..
And Dundee Slayterm.. Periat of Proof against poison does the same as a cavalier's immunity..
The resistances are a nice idea, but it would be better if they improved in the course of levels
Not quite the same as the regular dispell magic.
1. Casting speed = 1
2. Dispels at X2 level (so it almost always works)
3. Range effect = 10ft
4. You have LOTS of dispel casts at your disposal

And of course, I want my mage to be busy casting offensive spells rather than dispeling them...
Old 10-21-2001, 12:51 PM   #25
Kitty
Manshoon

Since you mentioned the Amulet of Power, I have a question: it states that it's not usable by thieves and fighters. And since paladins and rangers are considered as fighters for "item-using" purposes, paladins shouldn't be able to wear it.
If they can use the amulet, that's why undead hunters are so underrated, I guess. But I played as one and he really rocked. Having a +8 against undead (natural ability and Carsomyr) was very cool!
Old 10-22-2001, 12:57 AM   #26
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Paladins != Fighters

The Amulet of Power is usable by Paladins.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:35 PM   #27
Synthos
Manshoon

Well, personally I think Amulet of Power should be restricted to mages and clerics, paticularly because the amulet was made for them.. Clerics and Mages are the only classes who can make good use of the -1 Casting Time and Vocalize, since rangers are paladins are NOT good spellcasters (i don't care what you think, they AREN'T).. The only cross-class ability the amulet gives out that is ok for other classes to use is the immunity to level drain, which is (pretty much) what this topic's about...

------------------
*Slash*Slash*
Demi-Licheath
Synthos, looks at
Carsomyr +5...: Man I love this sword!
Old 10-22-2001, 10:57 PM   #28
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah, they may not be the best spell-casters in the world, but they are still spell-casters. Heh, do not forget that they also benefit from the +5% Magic Resistance, and Vocalise is applicable to them. I want my Cavalier to be able to use her spells.
Old 10-23-2001, 02:31 AM   #29
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

the amulet is also useable by monks, who cast no spells whatsoever. I think its a bug; its too powerful to give a monk or paladin permenant immunity to level drain, IMO.
Old 10-23-2001, 04:20 AM   #30
tehmpus
The Magister

First: Why on Earth would any respectable gamer want to play a highlevel campaign with a paladin unable to cast clerical spells?

Second: A good way to avoid all those restarts against the beholders is to memorize the wiz spell Protection from Paralyzation. This stops you from being turned to stone. And if worse comes to worse, just use one of those handy Stone to Flesh scrolls... they're cheap.

Third: Steal yourself about 10 Greater Restoration scrolls. No need to restart tons of times due to level drain. Just be smart about it and make certain your chars have their best AC up (including spells like Prot/Evil,Harmony). Plus it it never hurts to memorize yee ol Negative Plane Protection spell if you "know" that your guy is going to get hit.

------------------
Tehmpus Thales the permanently InSaNe