Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2002, 12:41 PM   #1
Zohar-The Half-Elven Mage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alright, Heres my question.

At what level should my generated character be at by the time I hit Nashkel?
Old 02-17-2002, 12:56 PM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

It depends on your character class....

If you have zoomed to Nashkel, you should around level 1...

If you do waht I do (as many subquests as possible), level 2 pushing 3.

Old 02-17-2002, 01:01 PM   #3
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thank you! you are so very kind... shoot... why didn't i export my char. *slaps forehead* HES LEVEL 3! Blast it
Old 02-17-2002, 01:04 PM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

I think my character was around level 3, but I always do too many subquests...so my level is usually too high, and never a good thing to judge against.

What class are u?
Old 02-17-2002, 01:07 PM   #5
Midget Gems

Welcome Zohar.

The good thing about BG1 is that there is no set format for doing the Quests. If you try something and its too hard then come back and do it later. I would say that the Quests around Nashkel are suited to a Level 2/3 party with about 4 or 5 members, but it depends on personal choice. In my present game I've just done the Nashkel Mines map with a level 1/2 party but I knew what to expect and I was making a lot of use of Algeron's Cloak.

Best advice is try things out - there is no right and wrong (only good and evil).
Old 02-17-2002, 01:15 PM   #6
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Mmmhmmm... I take all things in forums into consideration, since i am playing right now, i will try all this. my class is mage. an i am a half-elf. my public name tells most.
Old 02-17-2002, 03:38 PM   #7
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Well, I Always Rush To Nashkel To Keep Xzar, Montaron, Khalid And Jaheira Happy. But When I Get There I Go Back And Do All The Subquests
Old 02-17-2002, 09:49 PM   #8
Nerull
Lord Ao

quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Well, I Always Rush To Nashkel To Keep Xzar, Montaron, Khalid And Jaheira Happy. But When I Get There I Go Back And Do All The Subquests

Definitely. I always clear out every square inch of the southwest (the road from Candlekeep to the east and every area to the south of that, and every area along the main north-south road and to the west of that) and south (everything from SE to SW of Nashkel) before doing the Nashkel quest. I am usually level 4 or 5 by that point, and sweep through like an angel of death.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 12:49 PM   #9
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

I normally do the Nashkell Mine as soon as I arrive from the Friendly Arm, thus playing through the mines at levels 1/2. I did it even on my very first run through BG1. It's a little bit tough (at least the spiders and the Kobold Commandos), but anyway, even without Algerons Cloak, managable.
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 02:39 PM   #10
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Normal routine (like how many times have most of us done this [img]smile.gif[/img] ) is to do beregost town stuff (actually complete the quests), then to nashkell, pick up Minsc, head to Gnoll fortress quickly - then head straight back, do the mines, then clear the whole map [img]smile.gif[/img]

The mines are pretty easy, but I still remember the constant resting I did on my first play through - took me over a week of game time to finish them [img]smile.gif[/img]
antonius is offline   Reply With Quote