Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2003, 01:43 PM   #1
Trau
Zhentarim Guard

Eh?
Black Bush: \"UN got a problem with me in Iraq? You know what you should do? You should sanction me. Sanction me with your army. Oh wait, you don\'t have an army. I guess that means you should need to shut the f**k up! SHUT THE F**K UP!\"
Trau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 01:53 PM   #2
philip
Galvatron

iirc they're are the merchants that are the 6 merchants with most influence athkathla. they sorta run the city. (i'm not 100% sure about this though)
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 01:57 PM   #3
Trau
Zhentarim Guard

Aren't the guys with the hoods in the end movie of SoA the Council of the Six?
Black Bush: \"UN got a problem with me in Iraq? You know what you should do? You should sanction me. Sanction me with your army. Oh wait, you don\'t have an army. I guess that means you should need to shut the f**k up! SHUT THE F**K UP!\"
Old 01-20-2003, 02:48 PM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

It've been many a debate on this topic... Some people think they are, as philip said, the six merchants who influence Athkatla the most, while some other think that they're some of the other Bhaalspawns.
I think we once reached an agreement... Though I can't remember it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] But there is a definate answer on who they are, my memory just don't stretch that far back. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 04:22 PM   #5
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Isnt it in the SoA manual?
Old 01-20-2003, 04:41 PM   #6
daan
Silver Dragon

The manual says who the council of six are,.. yes .. but not who those six people in the end are. I think the final answer was something along the lines of priests of Bhaal. Obviously they want you dead and the profecy to come true and believe that, throught the profecy ( how the hell do you spell that ) any bhaalspawn is doomed. Thus making it a, pretty much, educated guess.
( and the big round tabel with the symbol of the lord of murder was a minor hint too [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 01-20-2003, 04:46 PM   #7
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Prophecy, table
Old 01-20-2003, 06:51 PM   #8
mmkay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

bum bum bum.... i think i hear a BG3 coming??
mmkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 07:43 PM   #9
Judas Maccabeus
The Magister

From the Encyclopedia of the Realms:

"Amn is ruled by a Council of Six. The Six are merchant kings who are masters of intrigue and manipulation, and have more wealth than they can ever spend. This cabal of like-minded men have held control of Amn for over twenty winters [as of 1357 DR]. During this rule, two members of the Council have died, and replacements have been selected by the surviving Council members.

"Amn's rulers are shrewd, but more than one of the Council is fat, lazy and arrogant. Upon ascending to the Council, a merchant-king is known only by his or her title. Speaking, printing, or otherwise using the original name of a merchant-king in Amn is punishable by slow torture and death."
<br /><br />\'Far be it from me to do such a thing as flee from them! If our time has come, let us die bravely for our kinsmen and not leave a stain upon our glory!\'<br />--1 Maccabees 9:10
Judas Maccabeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 08:11 PM   #10
Trau
Zhentarim Guard

Where can I find this encyclopedia?