Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 09:10 AM   #81
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Payments for the next five years... [img]smile.gif[/img] Besides, your motorcycle will get even better gas mileage, right

It's really wierd to push this PC start button to turn on the car... I have this fear that I'm going to see a BSOD on the display monitor

More news as it goes [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll get the chance to see how it handles on snow and ice today... all the schools are closed, and many businesses, too. That US Midwest winter storm hit us last night. The windows in our bedroom were iced up this morning from a night of freezing rain.

My kids, hoping for a snow day today, did all of the current urban legends that will make a snow day happen... sleeping in their pajamas backwards and inside out, putting a spoon under their pillow, flushing an ice cube down the toilet... I swear, some dad must be thinking up strange things for his kids to do to see if they'll do it.

And then my wife had a training session this morning, and has been wondering since 7AM whether it was cancelled or not. Given that the training is on the other side of town, she didn't want to head over in case it was not happening. No sense risking life, limb, and Lambourghini for a training that isn't happening. She finally got the all-clear a few minutes ago... major relief.

And no, she doesn't drive a Lambo. Would be nice, though... except for wintry weather [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #82
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Very nice car, Bungleau! A good friend of mine bought a Honda Civic Hybrid (wanted a Prius but there was a year+ waiting list on them, at least for up our way) and she's very happy with her Hybrid. It IS weird hearing the engine stop at red lights (she's set it for 'economy' which saves the most gas. The electric motor still runs but the gas part stops and then starts up as she clutches (manual transmission) and puts it into gear.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #83
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Evening all.

/rant on - slightly bad language *coughs*

So me and my ex have been close lately, so close that I thought we'd finally start going out again.

And now all that hope is gone. Talked to her, found out she "doesn't want us to go out or anything" and "she did like me but it sort of faded out".
[img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] Guess this is the first of many times a girl is gonna f- with my head. (sorry if the language is bad, even censored, I'll edit if need be) I know I'm only young, and I shouldn't act like it's the be all and end all, but it's a pain in the arse. If nothing was going to happen she shouldn't have led me on...man I'm so annoyed.

Yeah, plenty more fish in the sea, gonna meet much more lasses etc. etc.

AAAAAAAAAAnyway.

Life is ok apart from that. Had two hours of driving lessons, got two more tomorrow and an interview for (another) sports shop. Hopefully I'll get the job PLEASE I NEED CASH. Got the match tomorrow too, so a busy day.

College life is going well, the weeks are flying by. Break up in two and a half weeks for Christmas. Predicted A/B in my January exams, and playing regular football for the team. Go me

That car looks quite nice Bung...sounds like geek heaven indeed
I have to learn with a manual of course, and I think I'm getting this beauty when I pass (currently my mothers for getting to work...)
Citroen Saxo 1.1

Unfortunatly my dad won't let me even go near his...Mazda RX8-PZ - Limited to 800 cars

Unfortunatly the Saxo lacks some basic essentials...off the top of my head no power steering or electric windows (but is has an engine and four wheels )

/random ranting weird post off
Old 12-03-2006, 02:15 PM   #84
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
Gutted Ivellis - goddamn women eh? you should have said "oh, sweet as, i was only after a shag anyways"...that would have shut her up a bit!

Besides, you are at college! (i assume that is the same as uni?) so, you shouldn't be too concerned - uni/college is a hotbed of babes and sex. I made the fatal error of meeting my future wife in the VERY FIRST WEEK of my 4 year degree!

Sounds like the driving lessons are going well - learning in a manual is the only way to go! Also, my first car cost $2, so it didnt have a lot of your "basic essentials" in fact, it had a nasty habit of stalling (it was auto) at all the wrong times - roundabouts, traffic lights etc, so what you are planning on getting seems pretty bloody flash!
Old 12-03-2006, 04:22 PM   #85
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

*grins a bit* She knows that isn't all I wanted so saying that wouldn't have worked

College is before Uni here in the UK. Age 16-18 is when you usually go to College (although some people repeat years if they do crap in exams, or go to work for a year and then college etc.)
But honestly...some of the girls who go to my college. Oh. My. God. 1,500 odd students, aged 16-18...and some of the girls there are just stunning. It's nice

The sports shop said they'd phone yesterday (Saturday) if I got the position. They didn't, so I expected the worst and was pretty bummed out. So I'm over the field practing football (not soccer) when my mum rings me. "JJB (the shop) have just rang, they want you to ring them back so come home now" *grins* Gotta go in on Tuesday to sort all the stuff out.

So my life has turned from being quite crappy to being great in a few days *grin* The fickle lives of teenagers, eh?
Old 12-07-2006, 08:04 PM   #86
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
What's the wheater in England like these days ? We have rain, rain, and nothing but rain, and a lot of wind to go with that too. In the last 4 weeks i have only been able to work 3 or 4 days, the rest of the time i'm sitting indoors, getting extremely bored and annoyed with not being able to make money. It's also constantly dark outside, sometimes i have to turn on the lights at 2 in the afternoon, what a shitty time of the year this is.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:41 PM   #87
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Weather is sucking here too, cold, high wind gusts (wind is like, raging outside right now).

And I know Johnny, when it is really clouded over it seems to turn night earlier than normal. Here it is dark by 5:00pm now, but if stormy even earlier. I hate dark myself. I love a room with windows and a lot of sun, and at night I like a lot of lamps and lights on. Others I know are the total opposite and like the dark, and keep their rooms shuttered from sunlight and with little lamplight, the room mostly illuminated by a TV or PC screen LOL. I myself love it when it is summer and it doesnt even think about getting dark until 9:00pm comes around. [img]smile.gif[/img] Sigh...

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:25 PM   #88
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Y'all need to move to Texas: bright blue and only chilly (~30 low at night) Send us some of that rain, johnny!
Old 12-08-2006, 02:17 AM   #89
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Cold, rainy, very windy.

Tornado in London yesterday (ok it's not exactly close to where I live but still); overturned cars and damaged houses, etc.

It's always dark until 8am ish, then goes dark by 4pm. It's crap
Old 12-09-2006, 06:06 PM   #90
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
My friend the straycat paid me another visit this afternoon, at least i think it's a straycat, because she is always outside. She may have a home here in the appartmentbuilding, but if she has owners they are definitely not looking after her. I don't have any catfood around, so i offered her some ham, and she loved it LOL. Last time she was here she licked clean a small plate with whipped cream, so i guess she eats just about anything.

Anyway, after exploring my house from top to bottom, and taking a half hour nap on the couch, she must have decided that it was time to leave again, because she posted herself in front of the door she came in through. So i opened the door, and said goodbye.

But just half an hour ago i heard these weird noises coming from outside my frontdoor, like someone was using a windscreensweeper or something, and when i went to check it out, it was the cat again, practically begging me to open the door LOL And so i did. She must have really enjoyed my ham or something.

So now she's taking another nap on the couch again, she made herself real comfortable too, wrapping herself between a couple of small pillows, or cushens, whatever you call these things. I'm not sure what to do next though, should i let her spent the night in my house ? Maybe she starts scratching the furniture, or takes a dump or a piss on the floor (i obviously don't own a litterbox), but i hate to throw her out on the streets again, because it's such bad weather outthere. I wish i knew who the owners of this cat are, then i would tell them to take better care of their pet.

[ 12-09-2006, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: johnny ]