Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-18-2004, 12:41 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Just a brief update from the Den... they're tromping around the pyramid area right now, desparately trying to find two more treant seeds.

Used Radek's (or was it Detah's?) Vanish trick to get from the Shrine of Anephas area to the Lost Sea area. It works... nicely [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Ran around, picking up the No-Dachi of the Stone. We'll keep that for a bit... until we get ready for that quest, that is. I wonder if it will reappear then...

Took out the Hydra, which was a long battle with only one spellcaster. A paltry 9000 XP (compared to the sphinx at 53000 each). Headed out and found a sandcrawler... they're hard to kill, let me tell you. Did it and collected the 10,990 XP each, and then found another one. And then -- oh, joy of joys! Some Treants! Time to get some seeds...only they are also hard to kill. And look! A sandcrawler decided to join the party! No, make that two -- okay, thr-- well, four sandcrawlers, three treants, and I hear some heavy footsteps in the distance...

We dispatched them eventually, and then completed our tour around the pyramid area. Four treant seeds so far, and we're looking for two more [img]smile.gif[/img] I hope we get them soon... everyone but Digger the assassin levelled up with the first sand crawler, and Digger joined after a few centaurs and liontooth kings later.

Did have one humorous thing: While swimming in the Lost Sea, three forest raptors ran out to attack us... running on the water! I guess they might have been blessed by the holy... but they're still dead.

Once we get the last treant seed, it's back to Anephas' shrine. More later as the news warrants [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 02:50 AM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Used Radek's (or was it Detah's?) Vanish trick to get from the Shrine of Anephas area to the Lost Sea area. It works... nicely [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
I never really got the vanish trick to work anywhere. Can I get some quick instructions on how to use it? The few times it's worked were...luck.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 08:46 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

There are four really useful places for the vanish spell:

1) in front of the right submerged gate underneath Rethpian's room in the crypt. If one uses it there one will end up on the other side of the gate. Very useful if one wants to complete the crypt in a hurry.

2) If one climbs up behind the statue on the left side of Anephas' Shrine one can vanish into the space behing the magical aegis. Very useful to get to the lost desert to retrieve the treant seeds before destroying the aegis.

3) In the Dragon Spire one can vanish behind the bronze firebeast and shut it down. That way no dragon armour is needed.

4) It is a useful spell to get rid of the stuck toad.

5) Radek devised a plan to vanish into Doshi-Gin's area and enter the Boogre Caves from the rear entrance.

It should also be useful for vanishing into the Lost Sea area and the Leprechaun's area. Useful if the pedestal is stuck in the up position. Perhaps it is also possible to use it to get into the Stout treasury.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:08 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I used it in yet another place to vanish into the Lost Sea area. On the north side of the desert in front of Anephas' Shrine is a place where the band of trees is a little narrower, and you can see the sand on the other side (through your map). Face the sand and cast vanish, and you're there! At least, I was last night (on the first try, too [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

It really is a very useful spell....
-+-+-+
Old 04-18-2004, 06:47 PM   #5
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

How about using it on enemies? Do they need to be in a specific spot for it to work on them?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:29 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm not sure with enemies. I know it works -- the leprechaun uses it on you quite frequently. I suspect the same basic rules apply -- that you go in the general direction you're facing, and there has to be a safe landing area in front of you.
-+-+-+