Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2010, 04:48 AM   #1
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thumbs Up Tomorrow When The War Began

Have any other Aussies seen this yet? I watched it this afternoon and quite enjoyed it. Makes me want to track the books down and read through them all again.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:38 AM   #2
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Default Re: Tomorrow When The War Began

Haven't seen it yet, but my friends who have seen it really enjoyed it. Those who hadn't read the books and didn't realise it was a series got a bit confused with the ending, but that's their own fault .
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
Sever

Last time i heard that it was for Fellowship of the Ring. I'm gonna place money on the wager that you've read them, WR. Know that the movie is very faithful to the first book, and if you've read them, you most likely won't be disappointed. I am interested in hearing the opinions of people who have seen the movie but haven't read the books.

For everyone else who is otherwise clueless, TWTWB is basically Australia's "Red Dawn". Go Wolverines!
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 09-11-2010, 04:41 AM   #4
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Yes, I have read them. Brilliant series. I thought it was a really interesting concept.
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Absolutely loved the books (I think most Australian's of a young-ish age have)

However I had a negative bias towards the actors already (They are terrible tv series failures) so I doubt I'll be seeing this film
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:36 AM   #6
Sever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivetyrant View Post
Absolutely loved the books (I think most Australian's of a young-ish age have)

However I had a negative bias towards the actors already (They are terrible tv series failures) so I doubt I'll be seeing this film
That's a valid point. Fortunately for me, i don't watch children's TV, so i'm seeing all the actors for the first time with a clean slate. Go and watch it, Hive. I am now also interested in hearing the opinions of people with prior exposure to ham.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 09-16-2010, 05:26 AM   #7
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sever View Post
That's a valid point. Fortunately for me, i don't watch children's TV, so i'm seeing all the actors for the first time with a clean slate. Go and watch it, Hive. I am now also interested in hearing the opinions of people with prior exposure to ham.
Awww don't be like that! All real Aussie men have had girlfriends that watch that $h!t!

I bet you secretly watch it in the afternoons don't you
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #8
wellard
Dracolisk

My children are 11 & 12 and have not heard of the film or the books. Are they both reccomended for this age group or for teenagers?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:55 AM   #9
Sever

@Hive, ok i admit, i have seen Lincoln Lewis on the odd occasion between switching channels. Caitlyn Stasey has been popping up on a few programs like Good News Week before the film was released which is the first i've seen her (and i noticed her - she's pretty cute). The rest, zip nada.

@Wellard, your eldest is going into year 8 next year? The books got their popularity in schools. Most schools had/have them on the reading list, and i imagine year 8 would be about the right level, so i imagine he/she will be reading them soon. Of course, you could always read them first if you want to find out for sure. They are fun and easy to read. I read through the lot in about a week.

As for the film, i don't know what its rating is. There's no really confronting violence, but i'm not really the best person to judge that.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo