Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-16-2004, 11:06 AM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

Take a look...

http://www.forbes.com/personaltech/2...partner=my_msn

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 08-16-2004, 11:27 AM   #2
Spirits forever

intersesting [img]smile.gif[/img]

but yeah...spyware is annoying...and most of the time, when installing software ppl don't even read the "agreement" part;...they just say i agree, and whoots, right then they get loads of spyware.....probably how i got it last time [img]tongue.gif[/img]

but an interesting article..

Old 08-16-2004, 02:00 PM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Yep, I got a ton of spyware, including a Trojan, when my boys installed a "Demo" from a cereal box. I complaineed toKellog's and got an apology and some free coupons.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:19 PM   #4
Spirits forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Yep, I got a ton of spyware, including a Trojan, when my boys installed a "Demo" from a cereal box. I complaineed toKellog's and got an apology and some free coupons.
hah free coupons [img]tongue.gif[/img]
that apology stinks [img]smile.gif[/img]
but then what elsa can you expect from a cereal company

Old 08-16-2004, 03:32 PM   #5
philip
Galvatron

And the problem is those annoying companies do have a right to complain legally if for example antivirus removes their software and labels it as spyware if users accept their policy. I hope this doesn't kill all those great anti-spyware initiatives.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:37 PM   #6
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
You should have demanded a years supply of corn flakes.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:15 PM   #7
Zero Alpha

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
And the problem is those annoying companies do have a right to complain legally if for example antivirus removes their software and labels it as spyware if users accept their policy. I hope this doesn't kill all those great anti-spyware initiatives.
i suspect the only ones it will harm are ones you have to pay for. adaware (free version) and spybot will probably not be effected as they dont charge.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:31 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yeah, but both of them make their livings off the stuff you pay for... or donate.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:45 PM   #9
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Light Bulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
You should have demanded a years supply of corn flakes.
With me, that's about a box. . I thought it interesting that they admitted it, though.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:20 AM   #10
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero Alpha:
I suspect the only ones it will harm are ones you have to pay for. adaware (free version) and spybot will probably not be effected as they dont charge.
Well adaware is free version of a paid version so I guess if one stops the other as well. And spybot is made in someone's spare time. I don't know but if they're going to take this to court I'm not sure what both commercial company and especially someone who does it only from donations will do.