Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2001, 01:41 AM   #131
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...Sorry I disappeared...
I have a sick baby that wanted to be rocked back to sleep.
Now, I am too tired to post anymore, being 1:40 am...
G' Night

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF
Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 02:37 AM   #132
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: ~To members of the clan only~

Based on comments that have been passed about my character, my general sense is that there are some out there who find her too wishy-washy, at least as far as her romance was going. Let me state upfront that this was intended to be her weakness, and that I had intended to create a minor sub-plot in which she overcomes this over the passage of time. As it is, I have now changed the script and she is more stabilised. However, I am not entirely pleased with this result.

I am disappointed by how some of us can be so judgemental about fictional characters; I dread to think how they would have reacted to real-life persons with similar characteristics (would they also criticise rather than help such people?).

What I am trying to say is that I am beginning to feel stifled in my attempts to create a more interesting and multi-dimensional character. I am sensing unspoken vibes for my character to behave in a certain way (especially to cut her scenes short), and this is eroding my enjoyment of the roleplaying. While I would like to ignore what others say/feel/think about my own plans, I know I am not quite capable of doing so as my nature is to please others, so that there is little friction.

I would like the remaining members' feedback within the day, as to whether my character still has value in the plot. If the answer is no, I will remove her from the plot with no questions asked.

Oh, and I will not be posting any actions by my character until I hear everyone's feedback.

To Larry~ I am terribly sorry for leaving your character in this state, but you should not let this hinder your character's actions. I just felt that this is an opportune time to sort matters out while not much action is taking place.)

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 08:01 AM   #133
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Stay, Mistral! Seriously, I have not noticed anything of the kind that you mentioned, and think she makes an interesting addition to our group. Anyway, you wouldn't leave Kaz, would you?
To be honest, I have been thinking on my character and whether I am not putting too much on her past. I've been getting the feeling that the others don't like her much. If you think I should change her in some way, please tell...
Old 10-30-2001, 08:15 AM   #134
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Mistral, I for one would like you to stay. i'm sure that your character will develop, and personally i find her current state rather intriguing.
Old 10-30-2001, 08:44 AM   #135
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Mistral
You already know my answer. To state it for everyone else...Mistral's character is the only reason Larry is even staying around. He has lost his father, who he honored and has chosen Mistral to take fill the void in his heart left by not having his father near. If Mistral no longer loves Larry, or something was to happen to her where he could not save her...Larry's alignment would change for the worse, becoming somewhat bitter at others, etc. He just would not care about life anymore, and maybe become a sell-sword. Larry's whole adventure is based on winning the girl's acceptance and love. How much more plain can that be?

Kaz
Your character is very secretive, and that is fun! You have alot of undiscovered history there that can make for many weeks of RPG. Only because of time-zones and availability have you began to question your actions and involvement with us. Don't let it get you down...We have basically three groups running at the moment, meaning there are three different groups online at the same time in consistency. Spree and Deiter. Kaz and Neb. Mistral, Larry and Sephi. We each just need to run our l;ittle subplots during the week, teaming up at a designated area on the weekends(that blamed tavern), and we will all do fine.
Sephi
My lady doesn't like me to fight much. She rarely enters the melee herself, anymore. When the child comes and we settle down to have a family...we will need a hired Captin of the guards to protect our estate! (I am only thinking off the top of my head...this has not been actualized... yet)

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 09:27 AM   #136
Kaz

Thank you Larry! I was worried that my character was beginning to become a pest. The only problem right now is that Maverick is with me and Neb, and as Maverick is controlled by Spree we have time zone problems. We'll need to dump him on one of you as soon as possible...
As she was not being directly attacked at the moment, Kaz used the opportunity to cast a Stoneskin on herself. Then she hurled an Acid Arrow at one of the assassins attacking the sorcerer.
Old 10-30-2001, 09:51 AM   #137
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb dodged an attack from the assasin that was still standing and jumped backwards to gain some room to maneuver, suddenly, an Acid Arrow spell hit the assasin, causing him to fall forwards from the pain, Neb used this opportunity to crack his attacker's skull with his quarterstaff, he then looked around to see where the fallen assasin was so he could finish him off.

The assasin had drunk a healing potion and moved behind the sorcerer, waiting for the perfect time to strike, unfortunately for the assasin however, Neb had heard him sneaking around and prepared a Lightning Bolt spell which he unleashed upon the unprepared assasin which was flung back against the side of the street by the power of the spell and killed.

Neb turned to see how his two friends were doing and saw that while the male elf was fighting one of the assasins, the leader had left the battle and was heading for Neb with a katana in his right hand and a shortsword in his left, Neb hoped that the two would dispatch the other assasin quickly since he would have a hard time defeating this one in hand-to-hand combat and the more destructive of his spells were unavailiable to him since he didn't want to set the city on fire or accidentially harm his friends.
Old 10-30-2001, 10:01 AM   #138
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...It is Mistral's turn on our side, but she is not going to post until she gets an answer from Spree and Deiter, so I believe I shall take over for a bit.

Larry and Mistral reluctantly let go of their embrace on each other, and decided to go downstairs to see what was for breakfast. Opening the door, they see bodies lying everywhere. The hall was burned, and smoke still arose from some corpses. Deiter and Spree were around the corner conversing while Sephi was looting the bodies. Looking at each other, then back at the carnage...Larry finally had to ask...

"Er...what happened?
Besides a fight, that is...
Is everyone alright?"
Old 10-30-2001, 10:02 AM   #139
Kaz

Okay, lemme see... don't we all love disintegrate?
I hope nobody needs his items. Or maybe...
Kaz saw an assassin that seemed the leader of the group heading towards the red-robed sorcerer. Thinking quickly, she fired off a Flesh to Stone spell, mentally praying it would work. An explosion of light and a new statue adorned the city...

If you thought that was too easy then tell me and I'll edit

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old 10-30-2001, 10:10 AM   #140
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb saw the leader go rigid as his ally's spell hit him, the thief slowly turned to stone while Neb went over to examine him, there was something about this particular assasin that he thought he recognized.....

Neb reached the assasin just as the stoning had reached his throat and was proceeding upwards, he ripped off the hood concealing the assasin's face and smiled when he saw that it was one of his old teachers, the same who had killed his friend Siria after the thieves' guild had betrayed them, Neb gave the almost stoned man a shove and it fell backwards, shattering as it hit the street, but something metallic contained in the backpack of the assasin had NOT been turned to stone and now slid across the street, it was the blade of a shortsword, Neb bent down to pick it up, examining it's adamantium and mithril blade and the runes etched across it's surface, he quickly hit it in one of his voluminous sleeves as he heard the last assasin die.