Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-31-2001, 08:04 PM   #1
Ziroc

I've set up the latest version of this forum software (v6.01) and it's a 'fresh' install, no mods, no changes made to the layout or colors, just a fresh install, if you would like to look at the new features, check it out at:

http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/cg...ultimatebb.cgi

It has lots of new features built in. one is private messaging, link to a photo of yourself in 'profile' 'sex' and age profile fields, and lots more!

I don't know if I will upgrade to this YET, I just set it up as a test 'The Great Escape' forum for now. This release IS finally worth the $200 bucks I paid on the licence

PS: If you want, you can log on as a new user.. just to see the options and stuff.. but remember that this is a test forum, and if I plan to upgrade to it, nothing from that forum (messages or users) will be saved).

This new version can easily be installed 'over' this version and converts the messages and user databases with ease.

Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Old 03-31-2001, 10:54 PM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I concur, very promising indeed!
Smitten by LadyRae
Old 03-31-2001, 11:20 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

ZIROC! I will take a closer look but it sounds GREAT!

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 03-31-2001, 11:21 PM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

ziroc, ive logged and posted a pair of messages, and it looks GREAT !!

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 03-31-2001, 11:46 PM   #5
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Z Man, I logged in and posted a pair of messages. Made some comments over there.

BK
Old 04-01-2001, 12:21 AM   #6
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

i'm checking it out , and Ertai_OHF, i sent you a private message to test that out.

------------------
Old 04-01-2001, 01:08 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Z, does have a lot of bells and whistles. Black Isle Studios recently upgraded to V6. It has some amazing features.

I prefer our existing color scheme though. More consistent with the main Ironworks website.

------------------
My name is Memnoch. And your name is...not important, for the dead have no need for names.

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 04-01-2001).]
Old 04-01-2001, 05:23 AM   #8
Epona
Zartan

I tried it, but it went all wierd on me - the same effect I get when I try to use the graphics library - the images on my monitor all get messed up and sort of overlay each other - that's the best way I can describe it.

Not sure about the personal message thing - can this be overseen by the moderator? I would hope so as otherwise it could open an avenue of opportunity for flaming/harassing individuals for unscrupulous users.

Also I think personal messages could generate cliques with private conversations overtaking general spamming!

Rating each other seems to me to be a bit of a popularity contest - don't like this feature. Also prefer to have the first post at the top of page 1 with subsequent posts underneath.

Sorry Ziroc, I will have a bit more of a play with it if I can get back in, but initial reaction is thumbs down in a number of areas IMHO. Please someone try to convince me otherwise, I don't like to be negative about new stuff, it's not really like me!!!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 04-01-2001, 05:56 AM   #9
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Hey Epona, some of those are good points ! The private message thing could take away the spam, but should also be controlled by someone. But anyway it will be very difficult to read ALL the private messages that people will send. And about the order of the replies, its true that its shocking now, but i dont think it will be very hard to get used to it.

But the board has other goo features, like the "instant" features that allow to insert smilies and hmtl easyly. I also like the fact that the public nickname can be changed, unlike here (rikard should be so pissed about this now )

Slackerboy: i received your message, it works fine !!

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 04-01-2001, 06:09 AM   #10
Rikard

It look a bit

White

Don't you think?

------------------

All Hail the Seventh house Sorcerer
Master Magician of Necromancy
Prince Rikard T'Aranaxz of Natri'x
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF