Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2003, 01:28 AM   #1
DarkStar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have been playing this game off and on since it came out. I start and play for awhile and 'Real Life' or something else makes me have to stop. I have started playing again a few weekends ago.

I finished the Dragon Spire, and I'm talking to the Dragon and he wants an item. I know what item it is, and where I 'SHOULD' have picked it up. Looking at my inventory I find that I don't have it.

I have finished the Castle because the Mask has been changed, I remember taking care of DeSoto very clearly. What I don't remember is opening the chest and getting the stuff inside, including the item I now need.

I have a VERY, VERY bad feeling that I picked up the item, but might have dropped it because it wasn't ID'd or something stupid like that. The last time I played the game was over 1 year ago, and it was almost 1 1/2 years ago that I did the castle.

My question is this. Is there anyway to place the item in my inventory without having to do the Castle all over again. I remember one RPG that if you talked to this one person she would give you any items you might have dropped that you needed. Is there some way to 'reset' the quest or something like that?

I'm going to redo the Castle but I think I'm screwed. The programmer's should have really made it so you couldn't drop stuff you needed or at the very least ask tell you it's a quest item or something.

Does anyone have any ideas? I don't think I can start playing again from the start [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for any ideas you guys might have...
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 01:53 AM   #2
DarkStar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

LOL! Please ignore my other post.

I went back to the Castle, and right into the throne room (forgot how close it was, I guess). The item I needed was laying on the ground next to the chest.

It's nice to see that people are still playing this game. It's pretty awesome, with lots of choices!

How many people have gotten to the end more then once? How many times? [img]smile.gif[/img]
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 10:08 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, DarkStar!!!

Very glad that you were able to find the Shroud!! There were ways to help you out even if you had lost it, but just being able to pick it up makes life a whole lot easier!

Keep us posted on how your game is going!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 10:34 AM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

Welcome to the board Darkstar. [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

Glad to see you managed to solve the situation.

As for your last question I have no idea how many times I have played the game through. But I know we have a lot of members who have played this awesome game. Not all of them still post here but they linger on other boards instead. [img]smile.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 10:55 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

A note about "vital" items (quest items, keys, and similar items):

1. They never vanish. If you have some idea where you could leave them then it is always a good decision to check the idea. The item will be there if the idea was right.

2. They can be stolen by stealing monsters (all ratlings, higher level trolls, raiders, bandits and, perhaps, some other monsters). If you have vital items in your inventory then always check your inventory after a fight against such monsters! If some vital item is missing then check the battlefield. The stolen items are always dropped on your killing the thief. Beware! The thieves can steal really everything, including the Mavin Sword and similar items! If you forget to check your inventory then you will have to add all locations, where you have fighted some thieves, to the possible places where the item could be. RRRAUGHHH [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2003, 02:03 PM   #6
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board, DarkStar. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I am happy you found what you sought.

Keep us posted on your progress. This board tends to solve virtually any problem in the game.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:30 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Darkstar. May you find life in the Gael Serran to be pleasant and exciting...

Glad you found the shroud. Life without it is pretty tough... although some have slain the dragon...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote