Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-12-2003, 07:14 PM   #11
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

I just noticed how many Beholders posted here [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, nice post, but it works the other way too. "Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn" or something like that. Can't remember exactly.
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Old 01-12-2003, 08:13 PM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffi0:
I just noticed how many Beholders posted here [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, nice post, but it works the other way too. "Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn" or something like that. Can't remember exactly.
You don't have to be afraid of beholders, they're not as bad as they look.
Old 01-12-2003, 08:15 PM   #13
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Yorick, what a beautiful post!

My thoughts entirely. I always try to give people a smile as I walk past. It costs nothing. I also think that a smile is what makes someone beautiful. Nothing more ugly than a miserable face, and nothing more beautiful than a smile.
I think that's great Epona, you are so right! It often amazes me just how incredibly grumpy and even rude people often are on the streets, in the shops and so on. And because they have to help rude people all day, the shop assistants etc. become grumpy as well. I really hate it when they don't even look you in the eye for a second, don't respond to your greeting... But of course I also think the customers often do not appreciate the fact that those people are sitting there all day putting on a polite face and working their asses off....

I know it may not help a lot, but I always try to smile at the people behind the counter, thank them when they give me my change, etc. Maybe someone smiles at them, they'll smile back at the next customer in line. Similarly, I used to work for H&M's (big clothing shop) and I always tried to put the same principle into practice. I considered it a part of the job to be patient and friendly to customers - I do realise the work is sometimes hard and shop assistants are sometimes too tired to be polite, but hey, if they cannot stand people they should take a different job! Yeah I know it sounds hopelessly sappy and over-idealistic and maybe even patronising, I don't know. But I think it's kind of important in its own small way.

Oh and Hugh dear, I happen to like men's smiles as well. Seen far too little of Sebastiaan's smile lately
Old 01-12-2003, 09:25 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hugh, that is without a doubt, the sweetest, most lovely thing I've seen posted in a long time! [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

Vaskez- I knew it! you're a sweetie and a romantic one at that [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

I think the power of any smile is often underestimated. But just seeing that someone appreciates it, well that makes me feel like smiling all the more. Just tonight, my beloved Jim looked at me and said he loves to see me smile and loves to be the reason behind the smile....sigh... you know, you're quite insightful, Hugh!
Old 01-12-2003, 09:54 PM   #15
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Nothing more ugly than a miserable face, and nothing more beautiful than a smile.
You know what, I don't agree. To me at least, a sad face can be just as compelling as one with a smile - I feel sympathy and want to make it better! Now an angry face, or a cruel face or a face filled with hate is ugly.

I agree with the rest of your post though. It's funny how much a stranger walking past smiling at me affects me. Makes me feel happy and energised and hopeful all at once. Too unexpected though, most people, myself often enough as well, walk along thinking their own thoughts, looking at the ground or straight ahead. People spend huge amounts of effort trying to make babies smile at them, even ones they don't know - because it's so rewarding!
Old 01-12-2003, 11:13 PM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Oh and Hugh dear, I happen to like men's smiles as well.
But of course Sa. Fair call. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-12-2003, 11:14 PM   #17
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Just tonight, my beloved Jim looked at me and said he loves to see me smile and loves to be the reason behind the smile....sigh...
[img]smile.gif[/img]

And hearing that makes me very happy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2003, 12:00 AM   #18
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

nice post yorick as usual you make a nice comment of life [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 01-13-2003, 12:20 AM   #19
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

I don´t know about all the women. There are some cases when woman´s smile can seem just rude, and it depends about the mood they are expressing. But of course you knew this.

Nothing beats your womans/mens smile, especially when it comes from the heart.

[ 01-13-2003, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: NiceWorg ]
Old 01-13-2003, 02:05 AM   #20
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
nice post yorick as usual you make a nice comment of life [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hey good to see you Zor. [img]smile.gif[/img]