Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-05-2002, 12:50 PM   #1
Nanaki3
The Magister

Tell me and all people who read this why you come to Ironworks.
Old 03-05-2002, 01:13 PM   #2
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

I come to IW to share my experience and extensive knowledge of the Baldur's Gate saga. Well to begin with it was to ask for other people knowledge of the game. I also come here to share my experience in the real world and get help with life. The IW people have helped me a great deal and I feel privileged to be part of such a friendly community where newbie bashing is unheard of. I can share my experience and speak to people all over the world witch is great!
Welcome to the board by the way :-D. Enjoy your time here for it will be short newbie... Lol, just kidding. I’m sort of still a newbie here myself, as you can see.

[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: Evil Al ]

I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 03-05-2002, 01:16 PM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Well, I first came here because of BGII. But now, its my home on the net. I always check here first before I do anything online.
Old 03-05-2002, 02:01 PM   #4
J'aran
Mephistopheles

As a lot of people, I signed up here to ask a question about a Baldur's Gate game, though the very first post I made was an answer to someone else's questions. Although mine never got answered, I continued helping out (or so I like to think ) others with my knowledge of the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games, and began feeling at home here rather quickly and have never left.

And now, Nanaki3, methinks that if you ask others about their reasons, it's no more than fair that you give us yours too, eh?
Old 03-05-2002, 02:28 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ok, my secret reason.. because they pay me. Alot. Yup.. Choc pays me in catnip and my stash is pretty hefty after a year, let me tell you! Ok ok.. not really.

It's the hot Genie.. yah.. I mean who can resist that sash!? Sigh.. ok, so that's not it either.. mostly hehe

It's the whole history and makeup of the place. I came when IW was relatively small and stayed. The people. That is the answer. Polite, intelligent, fun, caring people. It's what has always made Ironworks a great place to be. Add to that the intolerance of trolls and foulness that one sees in other places and you have a unique and inviting place to call 'home' on the net.

Cloudbringer

[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]

Old 03-05-2002, 03:41 PM   #6
Jorath Calar
Harper

This board has the friendliest, funniest and coolest members I've ever met on a message board...
I first came to get clues on how to finish BG2 by the way... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2002, 03:46 PM   #7
Mortaug
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I came here to Ironworks after a recommendation from my friend Jonas, known to you as Sir Exxon.
And the little time I've been here, I've found out that this is probably just the friendliest and most fun board I've ever been on.

-Mortaug,
Old 03-05-2002, 04:22 PM   #8
Sigmar
Unicorn

I first came here shortly after the fall of Bg dungeon (as you will find there are many Bg dungeon refugees here), I wanted to discuss more things concerning BG2. But after a couple of months I began visiting that forum less often and I finally entered the world of general discussion, joined the greatest clan of all and made many friendly acquaintances. With company like this why bother spending most of your internet time on other forums, but as Azurewolf says "Variety is the spice of life". If you haven't bothered to read all that I have just written I don't blame you The bottom line is I like the company.
Old 03-05-2002, 04:33 PM   #9
Epona
Zartan

Because I just can't manage without my daily dose of being poked fun at, laughed at, argued with and generally insulted [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Just kidding, I have a real laugh here, great debates, have made some good friends - what more could you want from a forum??
Old 03-05-2002, 05:18 PM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

To escape reality...