Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-18-2000, 10:20 AM   #1
mrdata

I have run into potential disaster for new players. I run into a situation where the
gate keeper will not open up the mines. He will only allow me to leave. Currently I have over 18 Miners Writs! This is after I
left the mines while the king was makeing my
special item. "He kept stating he needed more time". So I left the mines to do other things. Now I can not pickup the special item. Fortunately for me I "found" two of those special items in the room next to him. So traveling back there doesn't seem to be a problem. However I strongly suggest anyone getting ready for the King to do his "thing" SAVE YOUR GAME. Ask him / give him on one game and continue on another game from within the mines to avoid this.

If I didn't have the ability of my Ninja / Rogue I wouldn't have what I really needed.

For me this is disappointing as I "found" two
of them and had the ability to receive two more from my in mine quests!

Best regards
mrdata

Old 10-18-2000, 11:07 AM   #2
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi,

SPOILER SPACE

I'm not sure where your problem was, I went in the mines and had no trouble, just with the confusing switches and falling in the fire pits and all.

When the king said he'd make the armor, I then *ahem* stole his key, then went to see Raskalion. I took his tunnel and then robbed the King blind. I then offed Rask, then went back to the King who had the armor.

Note to players about the armor. I'm sure most of you know about this, but ANY character can wear it, even a Warlock, and possibly a Faerie but I'm not sure. So, its kind of cool since a weak person who needs defence can use it. I'm not sure if it can be enchanted or not...

What is this "special item" you are talking about? If you provide more details, maybe we can help you, your post is hard to follow.

Also, anyone try bribing the mine operator with some Boogre Brew? Never tried it, but I thought it would work to get inside.

Scronan
Old 10-18-2000, 11:47 AM   #3
Philip

I read a post where someone bribed the gatekeeper with Boogre Brew. And once when I was leaving the mines, I'm not sure what happenned, but he openned the gate and then shut it again, so I had to show him the writ again, and when I did, I noticed that I had two! I'm curious how mrdata ended up with 18.