Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2003, 11:33 PM   #1
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

After the dissapointment of Priates of the Caribbean I went looking for something other than NWN and Morrowind which I have both. I looked at every game in every software store from Pittsburg PA to Washington D.C. and every place in between. when I came upon this Space RPG called FREELANCER. This game is wild, there are 40 Massive star systems, 150 unique places to land and sell your wares or buy New Weapons to up grade your starfighter or buy A better Fighter. What follows came from the box but every word of it is true
If your a merchant or smuggler you can buy and sell cargo and get jobs and quests at these ports or buy bigger and better freighters. You can play the engaging storyline or pursue your own adventures! It has this Radical Piloting system that even a beginer can focus on the Combat easly and the Combat is WILD!!! and it is !!
You Decide your fate, One job at a time. Your character name is Edison Trent, A freelance pilot earning your name and pay one contract at a time. Each Job you take on brings new allies and enemies, aligning you with different forces within a dynamic universe. Choose to follow the compelling storyline, or break off at any time and follow whatever adventure you want. with a coherent virtual economy with over 3000 trade routes in a Huge Universe populated by 2000 NPC's from 50 factions and like NWN and Baldur's Gate there is a Multiplayer mode that allows players to join together in cooperative missions.
You can play the game as a Hero, a Pirate, a Merchant, or a Smuggler.

System Min Requirements:
WINDOWS--98/ME/2000/XP--128 MB RAM
processor--600MHz
Hard Drive Space Req--900 MB
Video Card--16MB/3D
8X CD
sound card & speakers or head phone
online/multiplayer requirements 56kbps or LAN;Broadband to run a server

Multiplayer is not a requirement to play any or all missions.

This is a great RPG and I recommend this to anyone that likes a mix of RPG and first person shooter.
I have been blowing the hell out of the bad guys and upgrading my star fighter every day.
It sells for $49.99 but is worth every penny

[ 07-10-2003, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 07-11-2003, 12:34 AM   #2
Azimaith
Manshoon

Funny how much of an ad this sounds like.
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>
Old 07-11-2003, 01:26 AM   #3
Gammit
Elminster

I have to agree with TheCrimsonBlade. I have TONS of demos that I download when I'm bored, and this is one of the few that I really enjoy playing. I'm definitely considering buying it, but not for awhile. I still have several games that I haven't beaten, and even more that I haven't even begun!
Old 07-11-2003, 02:55 AM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Wow..thanks TCB!

Though Lionheart is what i am waiting for... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2003, 03:02 AM   #5
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

New to this game? Go here to download their excellent collection of mods.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:07 AM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Paladin2000:
New to this game? Go here to download their excellent collection of mods.
Thanks Paladin2000!
Old 07-11-2003, 03:55 AM   #7
Jan

Sounds ok but but "first person shooter". Arrgh no thanks.

Old 07-11-2003, 06:57 AM   #8
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I have played and beaten this game. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't like 1st person shooters much, but the story line and the change from the mostly fantasy games I have been playing was nice. It is not an RPG. The linear plot and the lack of any meaningful communication with any character is the main drawback. The other being that the NPC's all say pretty much the same thing. However, even with these drawbacks I would highly recommend this game to anyone looking for a change of pace. It plays sweet and I have had no trouble at all. The opening animations are really smooth and awesome. It is a fun game.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:02 PM   #9
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Jan:
Sounds ok but but "first person shooter". Arrgh no thanks.
Naaah, it is more like a 3rd person mouse driven space simulator. Anyway, the mouse control is very easy to master and the controls are quite intuitive. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You are welcome Xen. I hope you enjoy the mods.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:20 PM   #10
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Yeah, its a pretty cool game. It has a very good Singleplayer Storyline and although I haven't tried it yet, I've been told that Multiplayer rocks [img]smile.gif[/img]