Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 10-18-2002, 09:58 AM   #1
realbinky
Elminster

up to and including 1.25 this worked fine: My barbarian w/trap removing skills would spot a trap, the whole trapped area would overlay in red, if I hovered over it, I got a "disable trap" icon with a little pointer. Now, in 1.26, I get only a partial overlay in red, like the red is mixed with the texture, so I see one corner and and outline of a far side of the trigger. I don't get the auto disable pointer, I have to manually do it. Anyone else get this?
Old 10-18-2002, 11:12 AM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I never noticed that hovering over a trap would change the icon to the disable trap cursor(I wish I had), so I can't comment on that, but I haven't noticed any change in the look of traps with 1.26
Old 10-18-2002, 10:18 PM   #3
Guenhwyvar & Catti-brie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I haven't seen any changes either. Maybe it's just your graphics?
Guenhwyvar & Catti-brie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 03:26 PM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I saw this yesterday for the first time.

It only happened to me once with a large floor trap, but it was the only large floor trap I've seen since the upgrade. The corner nearest the character when the trap is detected turns into a red triangle(pointing toward the character), the 2 sides of the trap furthest from the character are outlined in red, and the two sides of the rectangle nearest the character aren't marked at all.

That was weird, I wish I'd remembered to take a screen shot. I may have a save near there, but I'll have to check.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:14 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Here is an example.

On the Bioware board the only response that I've seen so far mentions this as happening near elevation changes, but this pic shows the trap at the same level although it's edge is at a step.

Who knows? I'll let you know if I find out anything.
Old 10-21-2002, 04:45 PM   #6
Me of corse
The Magister

Ive always had the prob with ever version lol but I just laugh and avoid the whole thing like the plague lol but my ranger druid isn't afraid of traps lol the protection from elements and her high saves saves her all the time so I fear no trap