Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 09:31 PM   #1
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Heyas everyone

I have just started playing as a thief for the first time on Baldur's Gate II, and I love every bit of it.

I thought I would try something different and having never played a rogue before, I thought I would have a go at that. I have the Apack and Song and Silence mods installed and so opted for the 'Sharpshooter' sub-class for the thief.

In my party I have:

Morgiana Featherlock - Rogue (Sharpshooter)
Keldorn - Paladin
Anomen - Fighter/Cleric
Nalia - Mage/Thief
Kelsey - Sorcerer
Jaheira - Fighter/Druid

I have never romanced Anomen before so I decided to take a shot at that. Its working out quite well, and I enjoy the banter between him and Kelsey.

One of the main reasons I like my darling rogue is her elven appearance with the hood, all dressed in black. Beautiful.

But, I think the main reason I love the rogue is that I very rarely have to buy anything. I just go and steal from all those unsuspecting merchants. Need a few arrows for my bow? 500 gold pieces for a measly 40 arrows? I don’t think so! Strapped for cash? Steal a few high level spell scrolls and sell them back to the merchant!! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I have more or less equipped my party with stolen high-level items. It’s a shame you can't steal from Ribald.

I never really used the pick-pocket ability before with my Bard, but now I can't not do.

Thanks for hearing me out, sorry for babbling on

--Kestrel--
Old 01-26-2005, 10:27 PM   #2
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Just role-play it if you get caught [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 05:05 AM   #3
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

thieves rule, as they say, and i think they're my 'natural' PC choice (currently an assassin->cleric)

and i agree - the female elf thief avatar with the hooded effect from leather armour is the best looking one in the game - wait until you get some black armour too [img]smile.gif[/img]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote