Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-26-2002, 07:21 AM   #41
purre
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Neuromancer:
We're having 16+ degrees C here. It's WEIRD weather... almost December... it should be around -10 with frozen penguins raining... and I've seen spring flowers popping out of the ground today. Weird.

Neuro
Well,THAT surely sounds weird!
Specially the [img]graemlins/1daisy.gif[/img] part,I mean flowers? They must have lost their minds.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:32 AM   #42
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Heartless Butterscotch:
This is a little OT, but I recently read about a coffee "alternative" in an older issue of "The Sharper Image." They were selling a giant electrical ball of light that goes in the bedroom. The ball slowly brightens as your wake-up time approaches and naturally brings a person out of sleep without the groggy side-effects.

Anyways, just thought I'd tease you all with that...
That sounds interesting! I've never heard of it before but I can see how it would work, kind of like sunrise through your curtains! Very interesting Heartless Butterscotch...dang, you have a long name!

Hello Borvik, welcome to IW and the Cafe! I see you're from Germany! Must be nearly lunch time there now!
Old 11-26-2002, 09:35 AM   #43
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Morning, all. Azred, you have to let us know what the mocumentary says. I routinely scorn Disney, but if they disagree with Walter Lord, I shall be unhappy. Saz, looks like a good Thanksgiving coming up.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:35 AM   #44
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

oh and HB? No such thing as OT here in the Cafe. It's ok to change a subject and it's ok for several conversations to be going on at once if that happens.

The only stipulation is that they be real life chats and not roleplay battles and stuff. It's nice to have some semi-serious talks around here somedays and then others it's just little coffee chats and some silly fun stuff

This is a good place to come to get to know some of the people you post with on the board.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:47 AM   #45
Borvik
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

I see you're from Germany! Must be nearly lunch time there now!
Hello Cloudbringer [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] - it's even later. It's 15:45 over hear. Most people head already coffee and cake - and dinner is near. (seems we're eating in germany the hole day long...)
Old 11-26-2002, 10:22 AM   #46
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Morning, all. Azred, you have to let us know what the mocumentary says. I routinely scorn Disney, but if they disagree with Walter Lord, I shall be unhappy. Saz, looks like a good Thanksgiving coming up.
Yes it does, thank goodness! [img]smile.gif[/img] Things have cleared up nicely here in Denton, although it's bleeding cold over here!

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-26-2002, 10:33 AM   #47
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Borvik:
Hello Cloudbringer [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] - it's even later. It's 15:45 over hear. Most people head already coffee and cake - and dinner is near. (seems we're eating in germany the hole day long...)
LOL, well, we do that in the USA too! Anyone out there from other places want to comment on how often you have food around during the day?

Hey Borvik, I think your current sig is funny!

[ 11-26-2002, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 11-26-2002, 11:09 AM   #48
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

mornin all, so far so good, but things'll change soon, I'm sure (more on this after my performance review...)
Old 11-26-2002, 11:23 AM   #49
MagiK

Morning, I tried saying hello earlier but I lot the ability to get here for about an hour

Old 11-26-2002, 11:29 AM   #50
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Neuromancer:
quote:
Originally posted by Borvik:
*carefully watching how virtual coffee is made*
DEF VAR v_espresso AS INGREDIENT INIT 0.33 NO-UNDO.
DEF VAR v_milk AS INGREDIENT INIT 0.66 NO-UNDO.
DEF VAR v_water AS INGREDIENT INIT 0.25 NO-UNDO.
DEF VAR v_coffee AS INGREDIENT INIT 0.08 NO-UNDO.
DEF VAR v_hotmilk AS INGREDIENT INIT 0.33 NO-UNDO.
DEF VAR v_hotmilk_1 AS INGREDIENT INIT 0.33 NO-UNDO.
DEF VAR v_cocoa_pow AS INGREDIENT INIT 0.01 NO-UNDO.
DEF VAR v_cappuccino AS COFFEE INIT 1.00 NO-UNDO.
DEF VAR v_count AS INTEGER INIT 0 NO-UNDO.

ASSIGN v_espresso = MAKE_REGULAR_ESPRESSO(v_coffee,v_water).
ASSIGN v_hotmilk = ADD_TEMPERATURE(v_milk).
DO v_count = 1 TO 1000:
/* frothing milk */
v_hotmilk_1 = FROTH(v_hotmilk/2).
END.

ASSIGN v_cappuccino = ORDER(v_espresso + v_hotmilk + v_hotmilk_1 + v_cocoa_pow).
SERVE CAPPUCCINO(v_cappuccino).

Here you go. Enjoy your virtual coffee [img]smile.gif[/img]

Neuro (dege..... [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Let the midnight special shine it's light on me .... [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Hmmm... Needs more Java...